Florence jetty

B
bythesea
well the water was awesome, but the fish just aren't there.I've caught a couple small cabz but that it their's greenling but I really want some lings I probably had 6 or 7 this time last year. any fish at winchester?? well any way I did manage to snap a few pics.maybe I'll go try the surf tomorrow.

DSCN0016.jpgDSCN0017.jpgDSCN0019.jpgDSCN0020.jpg

Last edited:
H
hawgslayer
I've got a buddy who hammered them up in Newport yesterday afternoon. Haven't heard much about Winchester. We went out Florence last sunday and got 1 kelp greenling. Pretty dismal.........

B
bythesea
hawgslayer said:
I've got a buddy who hammered them up in Newport yesterday afternoon. Haven't heard much about Winchester. We went out Florence last sunday and got 1 kelp greenling. Pretty dismal.........

Ya, it seems as though the bigger jettys allways catch more fish.o'well I'll just keep hammering it, where were you fishing at in florence? what side

R
rockmonkey
we were in newport on the jetty last night and this morning. Caught 1 cabezone that was too small and another one today (not a keeper either). We did get on to the crab though as the tide was coming in. We were able to keep 2 on our fishing gear and had near a dozen on the line. I brought one up to the water line that was nearly the size of my steering wheel, but he dropped back into the rocks. Dad caught a small greenling, so no keeper fish, but 2 crab. If we'd had snare pots on our line, we would have had a bucket full of crab. ffalaf.jpg

H
hawgslayer
bythesea said:
Ya, it seems as though the bigger jettys allways catch more fish.o'well I'll just keep hammering it, where were you fishing at in florence? what side

We fish the ocean side of the south jetty, and inside the Y when the winds and swell allow us to.

O
Oceans11
So damn nice. Thanks for posting it in here...

G
gmcnair
bythesea said:

We live in Coos Bay and fishing the jetty is snaggy. How do you guys fish the rocks and not get hung up constantly?

B
bythesea
never fished coos bay....one is I hardly ever fish the river side I wish someone could clue me in on that.It just seem like there's to many damn barnies on the river side rocks snag city !!!:confused: