Fishing the Necanicum tomorrow

M
Mutiny
So I'm gonna try fishing the necanicum river for the first time tomorrow and looking for a couple pointers.
I'm hoping to find some sea run cuts. From what I have been able to research access points to check out are klootchy creek park, Peterson point (is this the spot next to the rv park right above beerman creek?) and behind the seaside high school supposedly has estuary access. Does any one know if there is decent bank fishing from either of the boat launches in town? I'm thinking the cuts are going to still be low in the river system, and klootchy might be a little high up this early. Any other spots to check out ( especially close to tidewater) or info on sea run cutthroat in the area? Thanks!

H
halibuthitman
There is literaly NO water in the necanicum right now.. I was there yesterday, i fished the nehalem at beaverslide and murdered the cutts- good luck

M
Mutiny
Hmm, so is it even fishable? might still be able to fish the estuary on the outgoing high tide in the afternoon and see if anything is cruising around in there.
Where you catching resident or sea run cuts?

N
n8r1
Your best bets are probably going to be (in this order)
1) Resident cutts throughout the system
2) Crabs off the 12th street bridge
3) Searun cutts in the lower system & tidewater

S
SmallStreams
Estuary, downstream from 12th street bridge is best right now. Searuns will want some rainfall before they work their way upstream. The searuns I've found in the estuary are still kind of small. Hard to resist that bright finish, however!

That's not to say that some aren't hiding in a deep hole somewhere, but you'd really have to beat the bushes to find them.

M
Mutiny
SmallStreams said:
Estuary, downstream from 12th street bridge is best right now. Searuns will want some rainfall before they work their way upstream. The searuns I've found in the estuary are still kind of small. Hard to resist that bright finish, however!

That's not to say that some aren't hiding in a deep hole somewhere, but you'd really have to beat the bushes to find them.
I ended up fishing in the estuary behind the high school where there is a parking area for about 3 hours on the outgoing tide ( starting at high tide) without any luck except for a 6" sculpin.
the spot looked good, and it was easy to find the river channel drop off, but no trout to be seen.
Later on I stopped at klootchy on the way home and caught a couple small resident cuts.

N
n8r1
Did you try crabbing? I'll be there next week and am curious how it is.

T
troutmasta
halibuthitman said:
There is literaly NO water in the necanicum right now.. I was there yesterday, i fished the nehalem at beaverslide and murdered the cutts- good luck

X2...Empty