Fishing regulations app.

M
mhk
Was just wondering if anybody has heard of any fishing apps. for Oregon waterways. I just got back from the Sportman Expostion in Sacramento and was walking past a booth and one of the Reps. from Outdoor Ally ask me if I hunted and I replied not much mostly fishing, he replied they had a new App. coming out just for fishing that would let you know on the spot the regs. where you were fishing at. Wished I would have stuck around a little longer but it was getting rather busy and there was too much more to see. From what I understand a Grad. student from Chico state developed it after getting pinch for a hunting violation and had he known the Regs. he could've save himself some money.Sounds like a really cool idea since I'm always reading about people asking about the regs. on this forum.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
That would be an awesome money and time saving app to have! :thumb: Hopefully someone will post it here.

M
mhk
I'm assuming from your gps generated location on your smartphone the app. would tell you the regs. for that stretch of the river or wherever you would be fishing.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I was asked by an app developer about this once. I thought it was a great idea. Open the app and it recognizes exactly where you are and gives you the most updated regs for that water.

The problem would be when you're in a remote area but if you could update it before you lose signal and have it find all applicable regs it would still be useful.

I'd buy that app for sure. I'd probably pay more attention to regs if I didn't have to weed through the entire online pamphlet.

Troutski
Troutski
ODFW Angling App....

ODFW Angling App....

I carry the official ODFW app with me at all times, it fits in my vest perfectly. You can pick one up at most places that sell angling lic... It even folds up for easy storage... Ive never been out of range or lost signal.. works every single time... Maybe I am just old school...

Chuck