Fish movment?

R
rum runner
was wondering if with the ammount of rain we got if its to early to start fishn the holes just above tide water? spinners and bobber and eggs will be my gear. iv got the steelhead figured out now need to get salmon

jamisonace
jamisonace
I don't know but if you get out there and try it. Please let us know how it is. I'll be fishing around cushman next week.

B
bran_man
Man on Wednesday me and the wifed rove home and passed through Florence on the way from fishing Winchester that day and cushman was completely stacked with boats! Easily over 20 rigs. Was not expecting to see that many on a Wednesday this early!? Apparently there are some fish that far up already.and there were no boats at all around the big bridge in Florence....

P
plumb2fish
With the little bump in river level, there will undoubtedly be a few fish above tide water. The best bet would.have been at daylight today....I would try a cluster of eggs and a single split shot.....anywhere from red hill down to the $ hole.

O
OnTheDrop
Slow today from Cushman to marker 29. Decent bite that we saw 10-15 landed for 2 hours. Starting around an hour before high tide at 130. Couple guys did good. Hooked a small jack off the bat with cut plug then on our last troll heading home for port lost a larger fish on a chartreuse spinner.

I got some killer eggs. I can't wait for the first few pushes up river.

Tight Lines,

R
rippin fish lips
You bet ya there will be a few up there in thhe fresh above tide water.

R
rum runner
good to know i might go check it out any one know where i could buy some eggs? eugene airea...

E
eugene1
Rum runner, they are already there. I don't even live there anymore, but based on previous years there are always early fish that come in even before the first rain.

Good luck!

J
JeannaJigs
rum runner said:
good to know i might go check it out any one know where i could buy some eggs? eugene airea...

Order from amermans if you're looking for commercially produced eggs, the local selection of eggs isn't good, and, they're all about the same price anymore, Amerman's is shipped right to your door usually no more than 2 days from when you order, super fast service.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rum runner said:
was wondering if with the ammount of rain we got if its to early to start fishn the holes just above tide water? spinners and bobber and eggs will be my gear. iv got the steelhead figured out now need to get salmon

there were lots of people tossing spinners from shore along the Rhody Drive rocks on Friday and based on what was going on for those of us out in boats near there :)D:D:D), I would think some nice ones might have been caught from shore, also good shore access for spinner tossing down near the jaws....

R
rum runner
well i know its a few days late but i ended up going to lincoln city to fish the salmon river but nothing came of it seen a few fish roll but thats it i did find some eggs there are 2 guys selling them on craigs list. good prices and good eggs imo. but with elk season ending on the 22nd im done chasing salmon till after that.