First yarn balls

B
bythesea
they might not be perfect yet but they will be before long.the hardest part for me was not bending the hell out of my bobbin while trying to keep my thread tight.
DSCN0201.jpgDSCN0199.jpg

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice work. I've caught a lot of steelhead on "not perfect" flies I tied. I'm convinced I'm the worlds worst fly tier. I'll be tying up my first yarn balls/glo bugs for winters this weekend.

B
bythesea
thanks, I'll have to try'em next week and maybe put some winter steel in this thread.

S
steelheadstalker31
Those will work for sure.

W
waco
They look good!

T
troutmasta
Nice job. Its addicting.

O
OnTheFly
bythesea said:
the hardest part for me was not bending the hell out of my bobbin while trying to keep my thread tight.
I use kevlar thread for my egg patterns. With a few inches of thread out, I'll wind while I grip the bobbin and spool fully with my three smaller fingers to keep it from moving. I then hold the stem of the bobbin with my index finger and thumb. The hook will bend in half before my bobbin will even start to flex. The yarn stays tight and will not rotate around the hook when I'm done.

B
bythesea
OnTheFly said:
I use kevlar thread for my egg patterns. With a few inches of thread out, I'll wind while I grip the bobbin and spool fully with my three smaller fingers to keep it from moving. I then hold the stem of the bobbin with my index finger and thumb. The hook will bend in half before my bobbin will even start to flex. The yarn stays tight and will not rotate around the hook when I'm done.

I see what you mean.this one's 6"long I wasn't sure if a shorter one might be easier to handle.I've got the kevlar also.

B
bythesea
steelhead_stalkers said:
Those look very familiar!

Should have no problem getting steelhead to bite those!

ya chad they should.I just got my uv yarn in the mail can't wait to try them.and you can thank daniel for the video it helped me a lot

D
DYJ
Those look great. Steel head won't be smart enough to tell they're not perfect either. You just gotta get em in front of there face and it'll be fish on!

I like the Peach yarn with a touch of that purplish pink, but I try to not get caught up in thinkin only one color will work. It just happens to be I fished more peach with purplish pink stripes on good days.

And I didn't even know there was any other yarn besides steelhead stalkers yarn :D

S
steelhead_stalkers
We appreciate the support! We have a new products coming out tomorrow that we are very excited about. Its something that we use in a lot of our fishing videos but these are UV enhanced like our yarn. Stay tuned! :D

B
bythesea
DYJ said:
Those look great. Steel head won't be smart enough to tell they're not perfect either. You just gotta get em in front of there face and it'll be fish on!

I like the Peach yarn with a touch of that purplish pink, but I try to not get caught up in thinkin only one color will work. It just happens to be I fished more peach with purplish pink stripes on good days.

And I didn't even know there was any other yarn besides steelhead stalkers yarn :D

thanks,I love the feedback before I got this yarn I practiced with some other and I have to say I do like the steelheaders better, seems to fluffs up a lot more.just say'en