First Wobbler Fish

T
Throbbit _Shane
Went up to Rainier to hop on a open seat Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday the fishing wasn't great but not bad either. We ended up with 2 Chinook and a jack in the boat, and missed one other bite. Thursday nothing, and not many of the other boats were doing well either. I got mine while Justin was trying to untangle his nook and wobbler from the net. I was actually holding his rod with my left hand helping him, and had my rod in my right hand, it had only been in the water a minute or two when i noticed a little nibble nibble. So I looked at the captain and said "that's a bite aint it?" Sure enough it was so I reeled down and set the hook! didn't get any measurements but it was a nice one! Cut super good. And the Jack was delicious. Many first's on this trip. And I even ended up going to the Lamiglas factory and picked up a Salmon blank that will be a sweet rod when Combat_Chuck gets finished with it!

Whoops! Justin accidentally touched the gill the wrong way when trying to remove his nook from the net and got blood all over! lol
100_0516.jpg
100_0519.jpg100_0521.jpg
Jack N' The Bucket
100_0523.jpg
Jack N' The BBQ
100_0536.jpg

Reactions: Admin
J
jabs67
Sweeeeet!!!!! Good job!!!!!:cool:

D
DYJ
good times.

J
JeannaJigs
Nice!!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Nice job. Nothing like those "first" type fish. You will probably be hooked on wobblers now!

T
Throbbit _Shane
They're pretty much a big spoon. lol

Its not bad sitting on anchor and waiting for a bite, and watching people get stuck on the sandbar lol.

F
Finneus Polebender
Looks like its time for a salmon bake soon!

B
bran_man
Those are some beautiful fish! Nice job! I'm drooling with jealousy along with everybody else ha ha.

F
flocaster
My mouth is watering for fresh salmon now!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice fish and great pictures. There are pleanty more salmon on their way up river. Those wobblers can be very effective. I've use them on at Nehalem Bay and on the Columbia by Troudale. They almost look like you could make them yourself out of an old coffe can. The bbq on the boat is a nice touch!:)

M
Mad dog
Very nice Shane!!! :clap:

I am getting so anxious for fall chinook....You're making me jealous! ;)

S
SeanC
Beautiful fish. Congrats.

S
salsinker
Great job guys.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Finneus Polebender said:
Looks like its time for a salmon bake soon!

Ill bring some over to you! You want Smoked or un Smoked?

Here's a short video i just put together if anyone is interested!