First trout on the fly!

W
waco
I just spent like 40mins trying to make a nice report but for some reason didn't post and I lost all of it so I just gonna post my pics!
I have to thank eggs for the advice!
I went 4/5
First trout nymphing and the biggest of the day!
20120615_125551.jpg
20120615_152436.jpg
20120615_175616.jpg
I only got one pic of a fish they got away because no net! Ooh and I got a good size white fish!

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
nice!!

E
eggs
Very nice cuttie glad it worked out! Cutties are actually not all that common in river compared to bows!

S
steelhead_slayer
Nice looking water. Good job getting landing some fish with a fly rod. it can take some people a while to start landing fish

Reactions: waco
C
ChezJfrey
Nice....so, did you also build the towers of rocks just to make a cool photo with your new rod? ;)

S
Spydeyrch
Well done there Waco. Just wait til we hit some awesome water man!!! :D

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
eggs said:
Very nice cuttie glad it worked out! Cutties are actually not all that common in river compared to bows!

Just a quick question eggs, did you mean to say that cutties aren't really common in rivers in general or in that specific river that waco fished? Just trying to learn something new. :D

-Spydey

E
eggs
Just the one he hit... bow to cuttie ratio for me is 10-15:1 !

S
Spydeyrch
eggs said:
Just the one he hit... bow to cuttie ratio for me is 10-15:1 !

Really!!! Wow, that is quite the large difference in ratio. How spread out do the trout (both bows and cutties) get? From waco's pic, it looks to be some nice water there!! Very clear. :clap:

-Spydey

E
eggs
Maybe it was/is the type of water I fished I don't know... I could be off.. I have put a good 20 days on the stream to the that ratio.

A
alm21
Way to break in the new setup Waco!

B
bigsteel
nice work waco!!!!!!!!!!

V
Van
Nice

C
cowboysfan
Looks like you are on your way to your next addiction! really nice pics.

W
waco
eggs said:

Thanks man! so I talked to a girl in the fly shop and she answered my millions questions! I'm definitely going back to this beatiful river!
Btw at 1 point a big trout follow my fly but didn't take it in the last second,I spend about a hour throwing everything at it but never saw it again coming out from it's hidden spot!

E
eggs
I hate getting snubbed by a trout... it just so in your face!

W
waco
steelhead_slayer said:
Nice looking water. Good job getting landing some fish with a fly rod. it can take some people a while to start landing fish
wow I guess I did pretty good for been my first trip!

ChezJfrey said:
Nice....so, did you also build the towers of rocks just to make a cool photo with your new rod? ;)
that's right :lol:

Spydeyrch said:
Well done there Waco. Just wait til we hit some awesome water man!!! :D

-Spydey
I can't wait man! I'm super excited about this trout fishing on the fly! It's actually fun

S
steelhead_slayer
waco said:
Thanks man! so I talked to a girl in the fly shop and she answered my millions questions! I'm definitely going back to this beatiful river!
Btw at 1 point a big trout follow my fly but didn't take it in the last second,I spend about a hour throwing everything at it but never saw it again coming out from it's hidden spot!

Just wait tell you have a fish smack your fly with it's tail, or one time I even had a fish lift my fly up out of the water with it's nose and carry it for a few feet.

W
waco
That's funny that when I was using nymphs two fish hit my indicators that's when I realized I need to start using dries!! :lol: