First trip to the Tualatin this year

B
Big3d
Good Morning OFF,

I got off work early enough yesterday to dip a line over at browns ferry. I caught one tiny smallie pulling a nightcrawler across the bottom. That was it, but at least my first trip to the T wasn't a skunk!

B
Big3d
My phone wont upload the picture on here.... Nothing special, it's worth noting the water is high and fast with the recent rains

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Thx for the report! Looking forward to hitting the Tualatin in a few weeks.

bass
bass
Thanks for the report. I am looking forward to a lot of trips there with my son this summer.

E
Explorer21
I hit that river when i dont want to fish far from home. Great river to just catch. I went out last week and found a couple smallies and a 3lb carp to end the trip. Still looking for that bigger catfish and largemouth.

Y
Youngfishermen
Hey guys and girls,

I heard about people fishing on tualitin river but I never wen there, so wondering where you guys go and what fish can I catch there???
Thanx

B
Big3d
Oh my... Where to start. I like the mouth at willamette park for carp, people say its good for fall coho too. Fields bridge park in west linn has some dinky bass and big carp, i am told there are a few trout in the rapids there. Browns ferry is my local hole for pikeminnow and small asst. Bass. It seems most like Tualatin city park. I've heard of big cats there. I've only caught pikeminnow at cook, so somebody else might be more helpful there and up! You can catch who knows how many species just plunking a worm, be ready to lose some gear there! Good luck with your first round against the T!

Y
Youngfishermen
Thanx Is the park you fish called willamette park,And are you fishing with sinker or bobber or is it deep and big currents. Because I used to fish close to that park it's called Mollala river state park and caught really big largemouth bass 7lb !!! going to try out these parks.

Y
Youngfishermen
Oh and how do you fish for pikeminnow??? bobber,sinker,jigs,spinners,crankbait,plastic worms, because I really want to catch some of those fish very exicted.

B
Big3d
How do you not catch 'em? I like to run worms, you can run em however, bobbers are tough right now cuz the water's still high and fast, i like a light sinker, almost like drift fishing, but you gotta be careful with that, it's snag city, I do good with a wedding ring worm tipped on the clack, try that on the T... Just a hunch, pikeminnow also love salmon eggs

E
Explorer21
I throw worms on the bottom.. That's all i use on the tualatin. I've caught carp, pike minnow up to 3lbs. Catch small mouth doing that as well. It's the only river I can fish anyday and know i will catch something.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I used to fish at Brown's Ferry a lot when I lived in Tigard and usually did pretty well. THe fish aren't typically big (except for carp) but there were lots of 'em. One thing I would always do is walk back and forth around the dock, pulling a spinner or spinner bait on about 2 or 3 feet of line from the tip. Got some pretty violent strikes this way - if fishing light line, I would make sure your drag is set slightly looser than normal. Lot of good structure was in casting range. I would also fly fish there - evenings were good, and I could always rise some perch and pikeminnow to a dry fly. IN the summer time - the middle of the river in that stretch was about 5-7 feet deep. I watched some high school kids swim & wade across the river there. Ruined my fishing, but did give me interesting insight about the river channel through there. That was a good 10 years though - so the seasonal flooding and high waters might've changed things by now. THere used to be some good downed timber right above and below the dock that always held bass. I havent fished browns ferry in about three years now.

B
Big3d
Nothing's changed that was money! Never got strikes with the walking troll, but have tried it a few times! Get down there when you get a chance and relive the days!

R
Ritchie
Hey i want to go catfishing or bass fishing even carp anybody willing to go with me cuz i know very little

B
Big3d
I am NO pro, but if you want to fish the tualatin some eveningand I'm not working I'd fish with you. Just send me a pm a little ahead of time.

D
DrTheopolis
Ritchie, if you're in Milwaukie, you might try dunking some worms right there in the Willamette. Never fished there, but I'll bet some of these folks have. You can only leave a worm soaking for so long in the Turdpondette for so long before something eats it.

R
Ritchie
I have tried the worms at the willamete i went to elk rock to only catch a small baby bass and my girl caught a baby blue gill we released both

T
TeamRamRod
I fish the mouth of the tualiton, usually get a few smallies. Slip bobber, and I good dangly worm. And jig it. I do the same at elk rock. I've been doin killer for bass lately. Hit me up if you got any questions. I posted in the Willamette section on here too.