First salmon on the Sandy

S
Silvers&Steelies
It's coho season on the Sandy that brings out these knuckleheads. Same with Eagle Creek. They stack up and are easy to snag or floss. The same snaggers will come out like lemmings every year to the same spots and do the same thing and leave more garbage without a care. Come winter steelhead season some will try do do the same thing with little success. I always pack out more than I take and often snag 100 foot cut main lines with Christmas trees of lures on them. I have witnessed a lot of flossing this year and saw a confrontation on Tuesday because a guy wouldn't stop snagging.

M
ModernOutdoorSportsman
Silvers&Steelies said:
It's coho season on the Sandy that brings out these knuckleheads. Same with Eagle Creek. They stack up and are easy to snag or floss. The same snaggers will come out like lemmings every year to the same spots and do the same thing and leave more garbage without a care. Come winter steelhead season some will try do do the same thing with little success. I always pack out more than I take and often snag 100 foot cut main lines with Christmas trees of lures on them. I have witnessed a lot of flossing this year and saw a confrontation on Tuesday because a guy wouldn't stop snagging.

When you say "snagging" what are you referring to? Sorry, I am new to the context.

D
DrTheopolis
ModernOutdoorSportsman said:
When you say "snagging" what are you referring to? Sorry, I am new to the context.

Attempting to hook a fish somewhere besides the mouth, or involuntarily in the mouth(flossing, as in "dental floss"). Usually by dragging a weight and hook along the bottom in spots where lots of fish are holding.