Finally,

plumbertom
plumbertom
I received the carburetor kit I ordered months ago.
GD Mikuni.
These have to be the worst pile of junk made. Even worse, I had to order a complete $40 (overpriced) kit just to get a single small o-ring that should be available for less than $1.
Unfortunately, Mikuni made certain to use a nonstandard size o-ring, so that none of them in my ethanol resistant o-ring assortment will fit. Also, the o-rings supplied by Mikuni in their kits are not ethanol resistant.
I tell you now, you couldn't run fast enough to give me another Suzuki outboard.
And I'm old, fat and can barely walk.
This 25 HP, although it runs fine as a motor, is insanely expensive for every part for it.
I'm currently manually lifting and lowering the motor because the power trim/tilt ram was leaking, it can't be repaired, and must be replaced complete. Almost $2000 for the ram and pump when the entire motor assembly with the lift and controls was only $3500 new.
My recommendation is that if you are considering a new small motor, look anywhere but the Suzuki dealer.

• Sad
Reactions: troutdude
plumbertom
plumbertom
Chromatose said:
I looked through my (have done business with) archives and noticed these guys.
Good Luck

https://five-star-marine.myshopify.com/

I think I've been in touch with this guy a couple of years back.
He wasn't sure he could rebuild my unit, but I could send it to him, price and service to be determined.
I don't do things that way.
I have to know the service can be performed and what it will cost.
My budget is so tight, even if he fixed it, I might not be able to pay him.
I'm not unfamiliar with hydraulic ram rebuilding, and could do the job myself, except I find nowhere that offers any parts for this unit. Nor can I figure out how to remove the Bore cylinder from the ram. It seems to be pressed into the base without an end cap, and no replaceable rod seals or wiper.

Top Bottom