Feeeeessshhhh.

R
rippin fish lips
1/3oz cleo Springer on July 17th on the lower mac. This fish put up a great fight. 7 and half minutes of video and another 7 with no video in just more then walking pace water on 8lb test. I knew the fish was hooked good and i wanted to test out my angling skills and put my rod to the test along with the 8lb siffix elite i was using. Perfect cleo salmon for me and my only hardware fish this summer. never got to touch the ones i hooked besides this one.

You know the fish and the angler are putting the rod to the test when you can here the rod being worked at maximum bend, creeking sounds that make you think if you pull a tad bit harder it might end the rods life. Thats what it was like this whole 14+ minute battle. I had earthworm scent on my spoon to. Imagine that.

IMG_0196-1_zps2ef60434.png

Too bad this picture turned out to be so dark....

IMG_0519-2_zps008b0d5a.png

Tricky no net, solo landing job.

IMG_0191_zps29cf6c6d.png

Last edited:
E
eugene1
Nice clean springer there! Good work,

Y
Yogidabear
way to go rippin that's one more then I have caught .

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Sweet fish good job

I
igquick
Get er done man!!!!!!!!!!

W
wozniasm
Excellent!

troutdude
troutdude
Well done Tanner. Great fish, and great report!

L
lilsalmon
very nice!

J
joem
solo no net landings are easier than with a net.

B
bran_man
joem said:
solo no net landings are easier than with a net.
Banking a fish can be super tricky if you're in a tough spot sometimes... But yes I will usually try and just bank them if I'm by myself. But I have fished some spots where banking is near impossible and a net is must have.

Anyways that was a nice springer. You should have posted a pic of the meat. Those cuts looked really good for a Mac salmon

E
eugene1
I prefer using a net, easier for me.

H
HootYeah
Very nice! I hooked into a couple springers up at greenwood boat landing about 3-4 weeks ago using a "tequila sunrise" little cleo spoon. Couldnt believe it! 1 of the 3 was a pretty old hen but I kept her anyways to smoke it! :-D

R
rippin fish lips
I have a picture of the meat and will post it as soon as my computer stops acting up. This springer cut orange to red and not going to lie was in the best shape for being a bronzer. Especially for July 17th. And I nabbed up my first summer steelhead on a Cleo spoon today. Same one that got my nook, green and chrome 1/3rd oz.

E
eugene1
Likein' it Tanner,

keep at it buddy!

rippin fish lips said:
I have a picture of the meat and will post it as soon as my computer stops acting up. This springer cut orange to red and not going to lie was in the best shape for being a bronzer. Especially for July 17th. And I nabbed up my first summer steelhead on a Cleo spoon today. Same one that got my nook, green and chrome 1/3rd oz.