Fall Season

I
igquick
Some Fall Season Carp:

My first December Carp, and probably my last Carp of 2012:

Reactions: bass
A
Andymyers
this is crap when you are in season but in off season it looks as an achievement

bass
bass
Great job on getting out there and getting them! If the weather stays decent I will try to convince my son to go out this weekend and see if we can find a carp or two.

I
igquick
Crap or not, I like catching these big pieces of crap.....

Yea let me know how it goes if you catch one...hopefully this wind dies down though

J
john montana
I miss the spring.

I
igquick
Same here, spring is my favorite season

M
MikePierce170
Ya I'm ready for winter to be over. Although I'm considering doing some winter dives to spearfish carp. Water clarity (here) is typically better in the winter because there's no algae bloom. But I'm still not sure how much visibility I'm gonna have in some of these carp waters. I'm thinking maybe Vancouver Lake? Any ideas of where they might be holding in the winter guys?

Here is a video I found of a guy spearfishing the Colorado River on November 14th, 2009. It's gotta be possible here in Oregon.

This looks so fun!

I
igquick
Sup mike...that video is crazy...I remember some parts of the slough being clear, it would crazy if u could get some footage like that

M
MikePierce170
The slough scares me haha. After doing all that research on Johnson Lake I know what kinda sh*t the slough has running through it. Pun intended. Anyway, maybe we should talk. I've been meaning to get a hold of you. It would be nice to find some spots where the carp are holding up. Hopefully it's clear enough as well. I would really love to capture some video footage like this. I almost bought the new GoPro 3 BLACK today that does the 4K video resolution :). But it's $399.99 and I got other things I need to spend money on first. I still have a very capable GoPro 2 haha.

Anyway, lets catch up and find some carp!

I
igquick
Yea long time no talk man lol....I just been workin a lot lately for the better, but im starting to notice the weather getting a bit cooler so holefully carl season should start sooner than expected....like johon said, I miss the spring...I remember seeing a bunch of carp at clackamette cove during late spring, but my tactics only got bites but im pretty damn sure u could of easily shot them on a kayak no doubt