Epic fight

R
rippin fish lips
Not going to get in full detail of this 3 minute battle.

Got to the water at 7:15 am was a little late on the waking up part.

I thought about where to fish all day yesterday during work, and figured out where i wanted to go and what kind of water i wanted to work.

I had a hole that was 20 feet long, two big boulders 10 feet below me (1 about 1 foot from the bank, and 1 about 4 feet out.) Then i had about 4 boulders above me 10 feet, reaching as far as 15 feet out. Along with a few submerged boulders en the middle.

There was 5 pockets of water in this hole to fish, i chose to leave the fishiest looking one for last. Worked the first one, first cast get slammed by an unknown fish. 2 casts later (same pocket) nothing. Down to the next pocket, couple casts nothing. the next 2 pockets i got nothing.

The last pocket was right before a boulder below me pushing the, I cast let me spoon swing through the pocket, start reeling when my lure was about 4 feet from the boulder and bam fish on!

Louts of blistering runs, a few jumps, along with lots of tug of war and teeth, boulders roubing on line. I could feel it all for about 3 minutes. No net, knew she was hooked good so i took my time with her till she couldnt handle it anymore.

Got her to the bank and she actually took off towards the bank and beached her self making it easy!

Amazing fight.

52012chrome.jpg

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice fish bro!

D
dtikey
Alright Tanner your smaking them this year

C
ChezJfrey
Ha! I knew you'd know what to do with the baton I passed you.

Great job! :)

Now, my turn again? LOL

B
bran_man
Nice one dude

E
eugene1
Good to see your keeping at it!

were the egg skeins about the size of your finger? Got a hen the other day but not worth curing the eggs yet as they're too small.

Best,

jamisonace
jamisonace
eugene1 said:

were the egg skeins about the size of your finger? Got a hen the other day but not worth curing the eggs yet as they're too small.

Best,

Those r good for caviar tho. Melt in your mouth good.

E
eugene1
jamisonace said:
Those r good for caviar tho. Melt in your mouth good.

yuck buddy! I'll save mine for you though!

R
rippin fish lips
eugene1 said:

Best,

yeah 1 skein was the size of my index finger and 1 skien was just about to be all the way mature. Fish had worms in the belly cavity so i cleaned the meet good and cut off excess fat. I started curing imature eggs, they do work!

R
rippin fish lips
ChezJfrey said:
Ha! I knew you'd know what to do with the baton I passed you.

Great job! :)

Now, my turn again? LOL
I will pass the baton back to you! Thanks, this hook up was amazing! Fish bit the smallest little cleo out there in brass/red. 1/8oz i believe it is. Think i will fish down low for the rest of the summer and keep looking for "new fish"

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
Excellent!!! The power of summer fish never cease to amaze me!!! I have never seen a fish fight like they were possessed as summer runs do!!!! They are the fastest, most acrobatic, un-predictable fish of any salmon or steelhead.....my favorite!!!

Congrat's on a nice fish!

R
rippin fish lips
Mad dog said:
Excellent!!! The power of summer fish never cease to amaze me!!! I have never seen a fish fight like they were possessed as summer runs do!!!! They are the fastest, most acrobatic, un-predictable fish of any salmon or steelhead.....my favorite!!!

Congrat's on a nice fish!

Thanks! You are dead on about the power of the summer runs, dead on about all of it. It is amazing.

S
salsinker
I love a good fish story.

L
leonmckee
Great story!

Steelheading is so exciting I'm starting to think that decades from now I'll take my last breath after hooking a big B run. Coronary event!

Leon McKee