Epic day!!!

H
hawgcaller
Went out for the first time this year for bass. Not too bad of a trip if I might say so myself. I caught 10 fish, 6 over 5 two over 6!!! Another first, SWIMBAITS!!! I can say that I am now ADDICTED to them! These are just a few of the fish me and jawjacker got. My biggest was 6lbs 7 oz. the next to biggest was 6lb 3oz. and my third pic was 5lb 6 oz. Jawjackers fish is 5lb 8oz. All on the good old swimbait.

T
TTFishon
Them are some pigs for sure! Nice job guys!!!

T
tomriker
Nice! Is that in Albany?

F
Finneus Polebender
Freakin Awesome fish man ! nothin like an epic day to turn ya into a swim bait junkie!

R
ryan808
Nice catch fellas

J
jabs67
WOW!!! Nice. Way to go!!!

bass
bass
Those are some huge piggies!!! Great job guys.

B
BlackBass
My biggest fish out of that pond your fishing is 10.2 lbs. The time to catch them is now. They will not bite in late spring or summer. You will catch some 6 and 7 lb fish but there is fish over 12 in that pond. In the summer months I fish it at night. Also smallies in there as well. Make sure you have permission or you will get a ticket, don't ask me how :).

N
nwmike
awsome fish guys.

F
Finneus Polebender
Man not as many today as yesterday but no complaints . Would have been just as epic if the beast ya had right up to your feet would have stuck a little better . Nice to feel a reel fish on the line been a while and a swim bait fish is always awesome. Thanks again for showing me around and must say you and that swim bait seem to have a good thing goin ! Got 1 pic of your two then the battery went dead .... New pond and bluegill.jpg Look forward to hittin her up again with ya this time from the boat!

T
TTFishon
NIce!!!

H
Hendo30
Nice, very impressive fishing...Thanks for sharing.

H
hawgcaller
BlackBass said:
My biggest fish out of that pond your fishing is 10.2 lbs. The time to catch them is now. They will not bite in late spring or summer. You will catch some 6 and 7 lb fish but there is fish over 12 in that pond. In the summer months I fish it at night. Also smallies in there as well. Make sure you have permission or you will get a ticket, don't ask me how :).
No smallies in the lake I am fishing. And I have permission so I am not too worried about it. Why do you fish there at night in the summer if they don't bite in late spring or summer? And thanks FP it was a good trip, we will have to do it again in better conditions.

Last edited:
J
jawjacker
Putting on a show in the snow nice job guys

S
salmon_slayer87
When are you gunna put me on some bass lol. Great fish.
Dale

S
sherman
Man you guys are killing me here. I've been busy doing a remodel on the house & haven't had a chance to wet a line in a long time. Nice hawgs.

B
BlackBass
The lake I was talking about has Giants in it, they are very smart and only seem to bite in late winter early spring and again in the fall/winter. The big ones simply do not bite mid summer , I had one break me off using 15lb izor line on a black blade at night, prob was a giant. 6 - 7 - 8 lb fish can be caught but I was referring to 9 10 11 12lb bass being non biters any other time of year . What are you guys doing with bass out of the water at night? Are you using them to stock other ponds , eating them ? And to answer your question about fishing at night. That is when the big fish bite , simple as that. Dog days of summer the time to fish is at night , use thumper blades on your penner baits with double black skirts. Clackers texas rigged with brush hogs , or ten inch black power worms.

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
# 1 if you would have read any of my posts since I have been around here you would know better than to accuse me of eating bass, #2 generally when I fish the afternoon if it is any good it will be dark by the time I am done. # 3 it is illegal to transport live fish for any use other than in an aquarium in this state . #4 When I finally get a real bass boat you will no longer see my poor mans live well which keeps me from going through digital cameras since most of the time I will be in my pontoon boat fishing. And finally you might do well just to mind your own buisness that is unless you have some kind of evidence support your theory:lol::lol::lol:

B
BlackBass
Talk about getting bent out of shape, it was a question and a legitimate one at that. Its not common to see pictures taken of bass at night with tail lights , and a road nearby. Not allot of water in the picture and I'm not quite sure why you would need to keep a bass in a live well when pond hopping.! You could of just mentioned that you took some pictures at dark. This is a public forum and I enjoy talking about fish of any species , therefor I got involved in the conversation. I have no clue why you would talk like this to a complete stranger , hope you choose more affective communication in real life. Just to think I sent you private messages trying to give you tips on building brush piles in your pond, talked about your bluegill die off problems , sure are quick to be a prick with people are are just trying to discuss fishing..Take a nap gramps

F
Finneus Polebender
Trust me youll stay a stranger, and pretty sure most have a bit different opinion of me, but hey its a free country , hmmm past my bedtime.