Dyeing feathers with Kool-Aid

S
Sinkline
Dyeing feathers with Kool-Aid

Last edited:
Chromatose
Chromatose
Those l@@k Great Randy. I am wondering, how well does the color hold up?

S
steelhead_slayer
light bulb! :doh: can't believe i din't think of this. thanks for the idea. i can do so much more with my feathers now.

troutdude
troutdude
...and on a really warm fishing trip...you dunk your flies in water...add ice & sugar...and you'll have a cool and refreshing beverage! <kidding> :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

H
halibuthitman
I would try this but if while tying flies a freakin giant pitcher of cool refreshing cool aid beverage wearing red leatards came crashing through my wall... the wife is gonna get pissed! ( I can't believe how true the colors are, someone told me this works on deer hair but I had my doubts )

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:
i would try this but if while tying flies a freakin giant pitcher of cool refreshing cool aid beverage wearing red leatards came crashing through my wall... The wife is gonna get pissed!

ROTFL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

T
The Nothing
I would try that, but if I had that many grizzly saddles, my wife would be pissed....

Chromatose
Chromatose
I am glad to see another fisherman that didn't cave to selling OFF their stashes for the $$$. I just returned home with a new drink to the house in several assorted flavors........................:lol:

Thank you for the heads up Randy....:clap:

F
FlyBum
I got some $$ for the ones I had but held on to what was needed and the availability is back in there now. :) The ability to create custom colors can be desirable, and I've know about this technique but never used it myself, just lazy I guess. Maybe one of these days I will feel the need. Thanks for the reminder. :)

C
ChezJfrey
Just great...now there's gonna be a rush on Kool-Aid and soon there will be a supply shortage, rising prices... ;)

H
hunt-fish-trap
why not go to the woodburn auction and buy the chickens eat then then use there feathers. a average chicken goes for 7 bucks and then you get dinner for free

M
mlw
Nice job on those capes Randy. I have used kool-aid with good results too, colors hold up fine (don't forget the vinegar).
Michael

I
I <3 <><
Hey Sinkline, thanks for this post. Im somewhat still a starter to the fly tying game. Those capes look great! Do you know if this works with marabou too though? Thanks.

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:
I would try this but if while tying flies a freakin giant pitcher of cool refreshing cool aid beverage wearing red leatards came crashing through my wall... the wife is gonna get pissed!

Hey Brad, is this what you're concerned about?

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: