Duck hunting at St Louis ponds?

I
iv3rsonkid03
So i just went fishing here for the first time on 3/29/13 and me and 3 buddies fished pond 3 and caught 3 rainbow trout, is this the pond that gets stocked? i am also heading there after work today in about 30 mins, ill get you guys posted with what i get if anything! lol. Also i seen a lot of ducks flying around, does anyone know if you can duck hunt here?

W
wozniasm
Don't think you can hunt but they're set up to "train" your dogs there. Been there many times and folks are training their dogs for the gun shots.

T
Travis19
Yeah, I was there last Saturday. Got totally skunked, don't know why people around us were catching quite a few, but it scared my girlfriend when we were at pond 6 hearing the shots because she didn't realize that it was for training.

I
iv3rsonkid03
Travis19 said:
Yeah, I was there last Saturday. Got totally skunked, don't know why people around us were catching quite a few, but it scared my girlfriend when we were at pond 6 hearing the shots because she didn't realize that it was for training.

gotcha! ya i heard the training shots last friday, i went last night for about an hour and a half in pond #3 and #6 and didn't catch anything, does anyone know if they have stocked it yet this week, and if so what pond?

T
trouthunter92
Yes you can hunt it but its generally fairly slow. Good place to take a kid though for the first time.

H
HereFishy
iv3rsonkid03 said:
gotcha! ya i heard the training shots last friday, i went last night for about an hour and a half in pond #3 and #6 and didn't catch anything, does anyone know if they have stocked it yet this week, and if so what pond?

I just called ODFW. All I could find out was that they didn't stock it last week, they're not going to stock it this week, and they're not going to stock it next week. I've heard when they do stock it, they stock ponds 3 and 6. The fish disperse from there via tubes that connect all the ponds. ODFW has an automated phone line you can call to keep tabs on everything they've stocked in our area. The number is 971-673-6000... Ext. 2-1 will tell you what's scheduled to be stocked.. Ext. 2-2 will tell you what has been confirmed stocked.

F
fishtales
Good call, thanks.