Drift boat accident on the Molalla

L
Letemgo
My partner and I drifted the Molalla from Freyer Park to Wagon Wheel Park on Monday and saw the results of what must have been a very scary ordeal. A fiberglass drift boat was precariously tied up in the brush and half submerged. We spotted a life vest a ways down stream and retrieved it. It appears that they might have gotten tangled up with a log across the river and took on water. has anyone heard anything about this? by the way, about a half mile from the take out, I got into a very large steelie that broke my 12 lb. leader. It came to the surface immediately and thrashed violently. Then it dove and broke off. Then it junped out of the water with the yarn showing in its mouth as if to say "Not this time, buddy". What a rush. Steve

E
eggs
did you report the accident.. ?

J
JeannaJigs
I swear it wasn't me or my boat.

In all seriousness though, If you didn't report it, you should. Everyone may be ok, but you never know and when it comes to watercraft accidents you always want to er on the side of caution. at the very least it will ensure the wreckage is cleaned up.

F
FishFiddle
Hey! Good to hear from you even tho it is bad news....hope everyone is ok. We did the upper Alsea yesterday and I got my first on a spey rod, 29 inch hatchery hen. I am in to another float sometime if you are interested. Doc

L
Letemgo
The boat was tied up to some willows and the oarlocks were gone. Everything of value except the rope used to tie it up was gone. It seemed apparrent that they were going to come back and get the boat. The emergency was past and it looked like the situation was in hand and being dealt with. So, no, we did not report it. Steve