Dodge park update

H
Homebrewmike
Was out saturday evening and went 0-1 on a Coho lost it when I was reaching for my net and gave slack to the line. A guy caught a decent size Native Steelhead there today, and saw maybe 5-7 fish jusmping while I was out there. If you have waders you can probably collect the 4 spinners I lost on a snag. There is also a sign letting people know that the park is closed at 5pm beginning Oct. 1 through the winter.

Has anyone fished on the other side of the bank? The water looks deeper in that little bend and I thinking that I wont have to throw across 3/4 of the river that is shallow.

E
eggs
Between dodge park and garbage hole about 1/2 mile up marsh rd is good water ;) and even up river of garbage hole

H
Homebrewmike
I'll have to give that area a shot sometime soon, thanks eggs.

A
alm21
Something comforting about Sandy River reports. I'll be milling around there over the next couple weeks. x2 on Egg's suggestion. However, there's a lot of private property in that area and over the last couple years, anglers have become quite disrespectful by leaving a lot more trash behind for the home owners and conscientious anglers to pick up. If kept clean, I think people will continue to allow limited access but it seems like we're on the verge of a lock out (more so than what has already been enforced).

E
eggs
Yea best to stay below the yellow property markers and high water mark.. taking a bag of garbage on the way out is always a good way to make friends.