Dead fish

D
DYJ
? so are people tagin them and felleting them by the bank or are they just fellet and releasing them?

E
eugene1
Lots of river nutrients. Hopefully legal.

C
chris61182
eugene1 said:
Lots of river nutrients. Hopefully legal.

I don't know about WA, but in OR it's illegal. Which is a shame because like you say lots of nutrients where the fish are supposed to end up, and will end up if not caught.

E
eugene1
Vid says Cowlitz, so WA. Just hope it isn't from snaggers or netters in a hole.

H
halibuthitman
Judging by the fact that all the fish were the same size, had been filleted the exact same way, were all basicly in the same state of decay, and were all at a boat launch I would have to go with it being a small scale commercial fish shop or smoker using that launch as a dump site. Its fine though, its good for the river, ALL hatcheries dump the carcasses of the roe salmon they recover back into the rivers they came from... I feind for the day I get ticketed for throwing a fish frame back in the river... the state breaks its own law all fall and winter, just go to gnat creek here in about two weeks.. mounds of fish dead right under the bridge-

R
rippin fish lips
halibuthitman said:
I feind for the day I get ticketed for throwing a fish frame back in the river... the state breaks its own law all fall and winter

X2! Could be possible to fight that one in court to. Just bring up how ODFW and the state dump fish frames in the river.

A
alseaalumaweld
they came from the water trow them back in! just my 2cents

R
rippin fish lips
alseaalumaweld said:
they came from the water trow them back in! just my 2cents

Word!

S
Slick
chris61182 said:
I don't know about WA, but in OR it's illegal. Which is a shame because like you say lots of nutrients where the fish are supposed to end up, and will end up if not caught.
It's all good.

Last edited: