Custom color copper Cleo catches "cookie cutter" chrome.

D
dozer365
Can't complain. Caught, casting into current and drift/lift/flutter intell swinging. Ripples of about 18" moving slightly faster then a walk. I had a brief tap tap like a trout take. Set the hook on a few other small bumps and hooked into something that broke me off. And hooked a few trout/smolt. And a fowl hooked red sucker. Lost two spoons in more rapid type water. Those big free stones are still tricky for me.
Saw 4 steelhead and a few other fish I couldn't identify. One of the steel was easy 30". Didn't get it interested in my spoon though. So there are some other big fish around. I'm looking for a 13+ pound summer on the clack. Any advice lol.
I'll post a pic later. It has a 2/5 oz Cleo in the pic. I had lost my 1/3 oz before taking pics. I actually hooked it on the same pattern ( half black and spots on the rest) sharpie marker/copper Cleo.
Tight lines and dry socks y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
:popcorn:

M
Modest_Man
Nice usage of alliteration.

L
Liphooked
Love it. I'm in writing class at mt. hood and I enjoy playing with words.:) Right at the power plant (beneath the faraday lake? cazadaro dam?) Last year I hooked a steelie for the first time. corky and yarn. Go from black to lighter colors. They jump all day there. Salmon too!
dozer365 said:
Can't complain. Caught, casting into current and drift/lift/flutter intell swinging. Ripples of about 18" moving slightly faster then a walk. I had a brief tap tap like a trout take. Set the hook on a few other small bumps and hooked into something that broke me off. And hooked a few trout/smolt. And a fowl hooked red sucker. Lost two spoons in more rapid type water. Those big free stones are still tricky for me.
Saw 4 steelhead and a few other fish I couldn't identify. One of the steel was easy 30". Didn't get it interested in my spoon though. So there are some other big fish around. I'm looking for a 13+ pound summer on the clack. Any advice lol.
I'll post a pic later. It has a 2/5 oz Cleo in the pic. I had lost my 1/3 oz before taking pics. I actually hooked it on the same pattern ( half black and spots on the rest) sharpie marker/copper Cleo.
Tight lines and dry socks y'all.

T
troutmasta
I got a chromer on 2/5 oz copper red cleo on Tuesday. I love those things. It was my lucky spoon and my budy lost It while I was tagging that fish.
Nice work, those things rock

D
dozer365
I had to look it up, lol. im self taught obviously, not a talented linguist or poet by any means

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice I have never done the black marker like that on a copper spoon or spots on any spoon. Maybe I'll try it when they don't hit the spoons the first time. I have my own little patterns but haven't tried spots.

C
ChezJfrey
Silvers&Steelies said:
Nice I have never done the black marker like that on a copper spoon or spots on any spoon. Maybe I'll try it when they don't hit the spoons the first time. I have my own little patterns but haven't tried spots.

In low/clear summer water, I suggest using the darker colors right from the start.

As for patterns, I think dozer just takes pride in artwork :) It's not necessary as I just scribble, covering 100% of the back and 80% of the front, no pattern.

L
Liphooked
I'm just starting to use my own colors. Is the bluegill (pumkins seed) fish pattern work? I've painted it on a couple spoons and I am waiting for the right weather. The color is for bass.
ChezJfrey said:
In low/clear summer water, I suggest using the darker colors right from the start. Also i'm using green glitter paint on all my lures. The green is translucent So no real color just the glitter. I figure they put it in power bait for a reason. I'll find out if it's on;ly to lure the trout or if it will help in murky waters to clear waters better.? we will see.

As for patterns, I think dozer just takes pride in artwork :) It's not necessary as I just scribble, covering 100% of the back and 80% of the front, no pattern.