Crooked report

L
lilsalmon
Since this silly forum won't let me post I have to do this quick.....maybe I can get one pic in.

2 days, triple digit fish between the 3 of us...me, Dave and Matt, a fellow fly fisherman.

My pb trout on the Crooked with an epic hit on a dry and landed......

P7070873.jpg

EHC was the fly for me....sorry for the short post but you get the point.

Reactions: n8r1
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
that was an awesome trip,tons of fish and finally got to have a camp fire this year!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
Sinkline said:
You two have had some excellent trips so far for 2012! Hope the good fishing and good travel keeps happening!

Randy
thanks randy,yessssss 2012 has been a great year so far and plenty more to come!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OnTheFly
J
JeannaJigs
Freaking jealous. My trips lately have been pretty much a bust.

O
OnTheFly
Nice! Rose, that trout looks like the same one on your avatar.

L
lilsalmon
Sinkline said:
Gorgeous fish Rose! Seems you and the new rod have some serious good MoJo going on! :cool:

Randy

Thanks Randy. Me and the rod are one now....hehe. The only way I can post is if I click reply with quote. I don't know how many casts it took to get him finally but that final cast when I said "One more cast" was all I needed. Damn I love dry flies. Nothing better than watching fish snatch your fly...no matter the size.

Jim, wish you could have been there. It was sooooo cool. Well, it was actually hotter than shipoop but the fishing was cool.:D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice fatty trout rose! way to go! :D

T
TTFishon
Beautiful fish Rose!!! Looks like an awesome trip!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nice!!! So stinking jealous :lol:

L
lilsalmon
I forgot the best part and this is for Jeanna.....after we waded across the river and going down the trail we had a very very close encounter with a rattler.....I heard it in the grass beside me and Dave turned to look and I just started pushing him and saying Go!...hehe. That was the loudest rattle I have ever heard. It scared the shipoop out of us, this being the closest one yet, right at my feet. We entered the water at that point feeling a bit more safe....gotta love Eastern Oregon!!!!!

J
JeannaJigs
LOL okay, I am not sad about not being there now. We need to plan another winter trip! Winter suited me just fine, even if it was 15 degrees and I had leaky waders, was a blast.

If I was that close I would have lost it, lol. Barb and mike saw me scale a wall to evade a garter snake...there's no telling what I would do to get away from a rattlesnake.

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Its a deal. I will put in for the days off and we can go during the week. If we opt to wimp out and stay in a hotel we found a better one that doesn't have used Q-tips behind the art on the wall....hehe

B
bigsteel
I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! that snake scared the $hite out of me,,,hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Its a deal. I will put in for the days off and we can go during the week. If we opt to wimp out and stay in a hotel we found a better one that doesn't have used Q-tips behind the art on the wall....hehe

LOL forgot about the qtip! I will say that they only charged me $10 for Ava so that was a good deal. What's the other place? I'm assuming I will still have Wednesday and Thursday's off, but I'll put in in advance. December worked well, it was after I wasn't consumed with salmon fishing lol