Columbia Shakers! (pics)

T
Troutier Bassier
Went camping and fishing on the columbia on Govt Island and caught these nice little Sturgeon! None were keepers but some were close! Caught all of them on worms..

20120812_6.jpg

20120812_20.jpg

20120812_4.jpg

more info about this and upcoming trips on my blog!

Reactions: Admin
I
igquick
Nice shakers man! never seen this guy on this forum in forever...have you done some carp fishin lately?

T
Troutier Bassier
I have not actually ! I don't get out fishing much these days..

I
igquick
How come you don't fish that much? I prob won't after I find a job!

anyways about that sturgeon spot @ chinook landing...I see two wing dams, one west of the boat launch and one east by the boat launch...which one? and if you ever want advice on carp fishing just ask if your going to get into it...and Im kind of confused about the buoy, Im used to seeing a large metal floating thing which to me is a buoy but I only see those things that look like wooden towers over there that don't seem to be floating

T
Troutier Bassier
The eastern wing dam is too shallow to fish for Sturgeon near... Go right where they launch the boats and cast out straight towards the tower thing. You can try on the western wing dam where the slough comes out because I know there is a deep hole there too.

R
rippin fish lips
Troutier Bassier said:
I have not actually ! I don't get out fishing much these days..

Busy dude i see! Glad to see ya back... been wonderin what ya been doin, Lurkin or just strait up slackin on OFF. Nice report and thanks for sharing man.

Thats about to be me... More work and less fishin =/

I
igquick
damnit I knew I fished the wrong wing dam lol...I'll be honest I read a previous post by you saying to fish behind the wing dam but I was fishing at the shallow one...So what can I catch behind the "correct" wingdam?...I live really really close by chinook landing which is why I fish there lots...catching ton of those small carp with one decent size one but I'm pretty sure it's dried up by now

T
Troutier Bassier
You can catch all kinds of fish behind the west wingdam. Bass, Pikeminnow, Carp, Sturgeon!
Please PM me cause I want to talk about the carp you caught!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice pictures TB!