Color or chrome?

W
WillamiteNewbie
So i understand a fish is a fish. and especially if it's a steelie but on a personal note what would you rather see at the end of your line a colorful steelie or a chromer? and don't be smart a$$'s about this. i'm posting to one, get other people's opinions and two, so people can see a new post on the forum and not get on and see the same one everyday, like i do sometimes.

me personally i like the more colorful looking steelhead, idk why. my first steelhead ever this last year was a colorful one. maybe that's why? how about you guys?

H
halibuthitman
I love a cherry stripe steelhead, and since I let most of mine go I like a more photogenic fish.. but when im looking for food, im looking for chrome and lice-

H
hcole
They're all great, but like Brad said, if I'm looking to eat I prefer a bright fish.

P
plumb2fish
Since I.don't eat winter steelhead, I am happy when I am just out in pursuit...I love big ol double racing striped bucks, but a chromed with transparent fins is Purdy too....

Admin
Admin
plumb2fish said:
Since I don't eat winter steelhead...
I'm making an assumption that you eat summers but don't eat winters. How come?

D
dtikey
Anatoliy said:
I'm making an assumption that you eat summers but don't eat winters. How come?

He says they taste like mud and feeds them to his wife...this is true

D
dtikey
I would rather catch a big red striped buck that is really girthy and has attitude for a pic for sure.I dont eat any salmon or steelhead and give all the ones I tagg away so chrome dont bother me but I do like to get eggs every now and then

Admin
Admin
D
dtikey
Anatoliy said:
Because of floods?
like fall chinook they come in pretty much ready to spawn and dont carry the same amount of oils in thier meat and makes the taste different I guess.Just a guess but think Im right on key

Admin
Admin
I thought winters taste better because they don't spend as much time in rivers as summers.

D
dtikey
Anatoliy said:
I thought winters taste better because they don't spend as much time in rivers as summers.

I guess just up to everybodys prefence

Admin
Admin
true :D