Coastal river

F
fish4life14
Ok so I have been mostly fishing the wilson the last two months and I have hooked anything. Does anyone know if it's still producing or has it died out. Also what about the other coastal river.

And if y'all have any information on the clack,sandy,or the other inner river fill free to comment.

J
Jordy
The Wilson gets a ton of winter fish. The bite is going to be really tough when it's this low.

I would be looking for fish either really low or up by the deadline. There will be a lot of pressure and the fish will be of low table quality.

F
fishsauce
Keep at it. This is prime time for the Wilson (or any other river for that matter). Like said above, it will get lower without any rain.

I did finally make my first winter attempt this year on Sunday and the water was too low already for me personally. Caught and released a nice nate around mile post 20.

C
Camo
Nothing happening north of Cannon Beach!

We need some rain.

:sad:

T
troutmasta
Camo said:
We need some rain.

Bingo!

Thats the only thing that matters

S
SmallStreams
Camo said:
Nothing happening north of Cannon Beach!

We need some rain.

I did see a pod of natives taking their time moving up the Necanicum on Friday.

N
Native Fisher
This time of year winters that haven't came up aren't waiting for rain, they are just coming up when they are ready. A good rain now is simply going to push the fewer remaining fresh fish up to the spawning grounds and all the kelts back down to tide water. IMO a big rain now is the last thing that we want....

J
JonT
Native Fisher said:
This time of year winters that haven't came up aren't waiting for rain, they are just coming up when they are ready. A good rain now is simply going to push the fewer remaining fresh fish up to the spawning grounds and all the kelts back down to tide water. IMO a big rain now is the last thing that we want....

Agreed.

T
troutmasta
They'll be fresh fish coming in till April up here. The fishing will be much better when the water isn't gin clear. Its not even march yet.

C
Camo
The last rain bought some nice fish. Seems like it's never going to rain. Real foggy here and drizzling, no wind .