Children Farm Home Bass Tourney/MVBC

B
Bassdad54
Our Bass club(Mid Valley BassClub) will be helping the Corvallis- Children Farm Home this saturday may 19th with a kids tournament.There is a small lake/pond behind the farm home and it is full of some nice size bass.This is thier second annual kid tournament.We helped them out last year and had great time.This year we will have 5 boats out there and each boater will take a staff and 1 or 2 kids on the boat and will help teach them how to catch a bass.We take them out on the boat for couple hour and then take them back in and bring out couple more diff kids..then we weigh in and have some lunch and awards for most wieght and biggest bass..Gives the kids a chance to have some fun and enjoy the sport.Some have never fished before and so it was a lot fun to hook into big bass and let them real one in once in while.

T
tomriker
nice! couldn't have picked a better weekend weatherwise! should be great right before that cold front comes in!

don't spoil yourself on all that private pond water :naughty:

S
steelhead1
Right on! Hope its a good time, let me know if you need gear or help, I gots lots of extra stuff,L. M

B
Bassdad54
TR... 1 pond comes to mind.....Steel ..the Farm Home supplies everything for the event from the rods and all the gear and the food. and of course a private pond. they give the kids awards for big fish and most weights.Will post what big fish of day was and biggest weight.

S
sherman
Wow what a great program. Wish they had something like that when I was a kid. Maybe I would be a better bass fisherman by now LOL

T
tomriker
Your a lost cause Sherman :) stick to kokes and trout lol

F
Finneus Polebender
That is a great endevour Bass Dad way to get the kids out! we are gonna have a bbq / fishing day here in june for a group of developementaly disabled folks . Cmon you know Sherman is a work in progress, " its just not reel fast progress "

B
Bassdad54
farmpond.jpgWell the tournament went well for the kids.The guys were all suprised how slow it actually was.We guessed it was due to the strom front that was moving in. Anyway we did catch fish but just not the numbers we were hoping for.a lot kids didn't get the chance to real one in but the guys when we would hook into one would let the kids real them in.It was fun during the weigh in at 12:30 to watch them want to hold the fish and we had to show them how to hang on to them.The big fish was about 4.5 lb on down to small.All in all the kids had great time and some of the staff got chance to real in a fish or two.The Farm Home will publish thier newsletter sometime next month with article and couple photos

Farm home pond.jpg

we were waitng for the kid to show up