Carping...Elia style

J
john montana
Granted, this is not on the fly, but I had to share. My daughter Elia (8) is a budding biologist...she spends hours at the man made pond in our neighborhood with a net catching minnows, frogs, water skimmers and anything else she can catch. I have been waiting for spring and flooded fields, figuring she could take a stab at catching something a little bigger with a net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDl2vsI1PU

It turned out pretty well! We had some issues in that the fields were solid mud rather than clear water as I had anticipated, but the carp were shallow enough that she could still spot em, and she managed to net 4. This was just great fun.

58cab9d1f84e08a03cec3c7273387f34_zpsba0e9719.jpg

She was all smiles the entire afternoon. Wegotwet, muddy, and had a blast together. I am lucky to have a little girl that loves adventure!

1180897dc3e785809fd7270a679cab4b_zps2372d1c9.jpg

Reactions: wozniasm
L
lilsalmon
That is awesome John. Your ARE lucky she is adventurous. Great day....

W
wozniasm
Nothing like a kid catching fish and enjoying the outdoors!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap: Love that smile, it says it all! Good job, Dad, raising her to love the outdoors. :D

M
MikePierce170
That fish looks just as big as the one in the 18lb Common thread :lol: It's good to see you two having fun and her not being afraid of the mud. Now all she needs is a good pair of polarized glasses.

Reactions: OnTheFly
jamisonace
jamisonace
Best video I've seen here in a long time. I hope my girl wants to play in the water like that.

bass
bass
Great post John. Gotta love that smile!

Now she has me wondering why you need that fly rod and Mike needs that bow :)

I
igquick
Where is this place?!

J
john montana
Sauvie island.

I
igquick
I hate how far this place is...carp fishing seems like 99 percent of it is location location location