Calm before the storm

J
jawjacker
Went to the coast for three days, day after Christmas to visit family and friends. Since folks don't usually like to gather early in the morning to socialize I was able to find time to sneak off and go fishing for low water steelhead. We had to do a little bit of hiking the first day but we fished fast and covered water till we found um then we stayed put and pounded on them. Bobber & Jig was are key to success and tipping them with bait drew a few more strikes as well. I couldn't believe how cold the water was even down in tide water. The fish seemed very lethargic but we saw hundreds of them. From what I gathered lots of fish showed up on christmas due to the huge high tides. Looks like we were all good boys cuz were getting a lot of fish this year. Merry Christmas! On a little side note that new Berkley NanoFils legit best float line I have used so far & I'v tryed them all.

• IMG_0081 (800x600).jpg
  • Image12272011211711 (451x800).jpg
  • IMG_0089 (800x600).jpg
  • IMG_1466 (800x600).jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: PNW Sam
G
gloomis85
Absolutely can't wait for the darn rain to stop for a full day so I can get back up there and get one of those true trophies that was lurking up there that day we were hammering them.

K
Kevinb5688
Nice fish!

P
plumb2fish
nice fish, I really wish we didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hrs from the valley to get into decent numbers of fish...each one of those three streams gets at least double the smolts that our local river does and they are half the size....

J
jawjacker
I really wish we didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hrs from the valley to get into decent numbers of fish
I know it some times I wish I still lived down there only during steelhead season of corse.

troutdude
troutdude
Looks a great time for you guys! You timed it just right. If you fished that spot today, you would have been swept downstream.

Nice fish; and nice plate of some good lookin' Klingon Gagh too! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh wait, those are shrimp! :shock:

P
PNW Sam
Very nice!! Congrats on the great success, looks like you had an awesome time! Those are some beauties.

S
sts slayer
nice fish.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I love the nanofil too! Nice fish.

C
cams-76
nice fish. what river? i tried the west for millicoma way up at the gate but no luck. trying to get the hang of fishing in the shallow water.

N
nwkiller
so sick, that one is a pig.......but your native, may be the best looking fish ive seen so far