C&R kayak sturgeon fishing, 5-27-2012

bass
bass
I started the day fishing for shad but after a couple of hours of nothing I switched to sturgeon.

The bite started out with a lot of this.

2nWVZ.jpg

with a few like this.

lzv9p.jpg

but then I was like this.

6GWW2.jpg

and I got excited when I saw this.

v5uBb.jpg

and I was happy with this.

EY2BS.jpg

I did not measure it, but I would guess it was about five foot. Dozen total fish for the day, plus I got to watch a guy in a power boat fishing near my catch a 7' sturgeon on a whole shad. Just another beautiful day on the water in Oregon.

Reactions: Admin
J
john montana
Pretty sweet!

C
cowboysfan
sturgeon in a kayak, that would be to cool! what is the biggest you have landed in that thing?

bass
bass
Thanks guys.

Cowboysfan, the biggest I caught out of my kayak was a 7'9" beast last December. If you search on here I did a pretty long write up about that fish back then. If I can get into some shad I will be giving the oversized a serious try next time out.

troutdude
troutdude
Right on man! Way to knock 'em around and show 'em who's boss!

P.S. I really like the training wheels. LOL

bass
bass
troutdude said:
Right on man! Way to knock 'em around and show 'em who's boss!

Thanks!

troutdude said:
P.S. I really like the training wheels. LOL

That actually did make me laugh out loud!

troutdude
troutdude
bass said:
That actually did make me laugh out loud!

I was hoping that you'd pick up, on my twisted sense of humor. I've obviously read far too many FAR SIDE comics. LOL

L
LuckyToBeFishing
The flag's a nice touch, too.

bass
bass
I am right there with ya. I really miss the far side. I don't know how it did it day after day.

bass
bass
LuckyToBeFishing said:
The flag's a nice touch, too.

That is a safety thing. Highly recommended for being out on the water with boat traffic.

Z
ztubs
bass said:
That is a safety thing. Highly recommended for being out on the water with boat traffic.

For others to notice you over the tip of their bow?

bass
bass
Exactly. Gives me a bit higher visibility point. I keep meaning to make a several foot extension for it.

Z
ztubs
bass said:
Exactly. Gives me a bit higher visibility point. I keep meaning to make a several foot extension for it.

go to an offroad shop, they'll have the big ones for 10-15$. Same reason I run them anytime im out at the dunes or something on my truck.