Busted my switch rod!

W
wozniasm
Was out with a fellow OFFer and was carrying my switch rod and of course slipped and fell on my elbow which snapped my mid section.
Gratefully, it has a 25 year warrantee from Cabela's so it's OFF to get fixed or replaced.
Since it's a 6 Wt and they no longer make the LST models, I'm hoping they'll OFFer me one of the LSI models as a replacement and if so, will pay the difference to go 8 Wt.

troutdude
troutdude
Good to hear, that's it's under warranty!

T
TimberTodd
Sorry to hear that. I hope all works out well.

O
OnTheFly
I hate that when that happens. It's been 5 weeks without my 5wt.

H
halibuthitman
well woz, its just good you didn't break yourself... I bet they upgrade your rod, I,ll throw out a little prayer for ya-

W
wozniasm
Thanks for the simpathy and prayers.
I'm hoping for an upgrade. it would worth the extra few dollars.
Yes, better than breaking a leg or an arm!

F
FlyBum
So I had a 5wt. LST that I broke last year. It was a single handed rod, not a switch or any of that. What they ended up doing for me was just giving me a credit/refund on what I had paid for it. Since I had gotten it at a discount, because it was being discontinued, they wouldn't up grade me on it. It kinda sucks because I paid, like, 70 some bucks. Granted it was a backup stick that didn't get fished much, but it still got fished enough to get broken. I hope they do something for you, but that's just what they did for me.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Woz...that's not good. Broke your rod and snapped your mid section. You sound like me the hardest part of fishing is the walking! Seriously I'm glad it was the rod and not you that broke! St Croix took real good care of me when I snapped my 13' spey rod. When I first started to use a spey rod I thought it needed a lot of sholder power......wrong......it made a real loud crack sound and shaddered. I shipped it to them and they sent me a complete new rod. When your new rod gets here lets get a group together and hit the Sandy!

J
JeannaJigs
ouch that sucks. Hopefully you get an upgrade.

I still need to fix my 5 wt. It still has Jim's surgical repair work on the tip lol. Holding strong! Haven't used it since Trillium though and probably won't use it until June..so I have time.

W
wozniasm
JeannaJigs said:
ouch that sucks. Hopefully you get an upgrade.

I still need to fix my 5 wt. It still has Jim's surgical repair work on the tip lol. Holding strong! Haven't used it since Trillium though and probably won't use it until June..so I have time.

Sorry to hear that. At least I'm not alone!
Just e-mailed them and they're swampped with returns but they told me they'd let me know what will happen when they get to it.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah it's the worst time of year for returns anywhere lol but at least they'll be in communicado with you about it however it ends up going down.