Bottom fishing

B
bythesea
what a day,we went south to charleston this time out with Betty Kay Charters.It ended up being a great day on the water. we went out on the Betty Kay captain kathy took us out everyone on the boat limited with a awsome variety of fish of fish china rocks,coppers,vermilions,tiger rock,lings,blacks,and a few really nice cabs throw back and one springer 17# . the captain kept us out till everyone had their fish.they don't crab so we didn't have to waste a good hour and a half dropping and picking crap pots.we got our 5 hrs plus of fishing.any way I can't say enough about this place if you want to do some good fishing you have to check'em out.that's a tiger rock and a vermilion I'm holding oh, and my hand it's just the way I'm holding the fish.:cool:

DSCN0232_zps814abf5d.jpg

DSCN0231_zps10c2a0ad.jpg

DSCN0229_zps42db75a9.jpg

Reactions: OnTheFly
jamisonace
jamisonace
How many pounds of meat do you think you got? I'd probably do it if i could put a bunch of meat in the freezer.

C
chrisohm
Nice catch! Looks like you had a blast. I get to do the same thing on tuesday out of Depoe Bay. Should be fun times!

jamisonace: if you want poundage go for a halibut, tuna or deep sea trip. I recommend squid for some bait.

B
bythesea
jamisonace said:
How many pounds of meat do you think you got? I'd probably do it if i could put a bunch of meat in the freezer.

I ended up with 12 lbs of filets in the freezer,that's not bad for bottom fish.my lings were on the small side.

C_Run
C_Run
Great report. I like it when the skipper is concerned about everyone getting their fish. You got a lot besides just blacks. Were you in deep water?

O
OnTheFly
bythesea said:
oh, and my hand it's just the way I'm holding the fish.:cool:
Don't worry, I didn't take it personal.lol.

You can't beat the taste and texture of ocean fish. Glad you had fun out there.

B
bythesea
I forget to mention the deck hand "Bam-Bam" (hey if that's his name that's :cool:) the guy was great 20 people on board and this guy was THERE he had it together...Thanks',,,FISH-ON !!!

C
Coastaldweller
bythesea said:
I forget to mention the deck hand "Bam-Bam" (hey if that's his name that's :cool:) the guy was great 20 people on board and this guy was THERE he had it together...Thanks',,,FISH-ON !!!

Bam-Bam works his tail off on that boat, great personality too! I've never had a bad experience with that crew, always lots of fish and good times! 12lbs of rock fish at $6-7/lb more than pays for the trip! Glad you enjoyed them! Im surpirsed you didn't get into any lings:(

B
bythesea
Coastaldweller said:
Bam-Bam works his tail off on that boat, great personality too! I've never had a bad experience with that crew, always lots of fish and good times! 12lbs of rock fish at $6-7/lb more than pays for the trip! Glad you enjoyed them! Im surpirsed you didn't get into any lings:(

we all limited out on lings early,had to work a little harder for the rest:D

:C_Run we fished from 30ft to I think up over 100ft,

Last edited: