Birthday king for Igor...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
so we warmed up with a pair of shiny coho jacks, then headed upstream and Igor hooks up a bulldog of a chinook, just a 30" hen but what a great fight...then a while later he hooks up again and we are thinking 'birthday limit', but it ends up being about a 4 foot stick/log thing all covered with barnacles. there were so many guide boat wakes and wind chop that it really fooled us for several minutes, then we boated it (no net, I just tailed it :D) and had a great laugh about not knowing what code is used to tag a log...cheers, roger

I
Igor
Yes indeed, a grand time was had by all! Except not knowing how to tag the stick/log; native, planted, species, I have to submit myself for disciplinary action by the members of the forum. I plead not to censure me, it was an honest mistake and we were unable to resolve the issue before resuming fishing, even though Roger did seem to think one portion of it was a non clipped 'fin'. My fate is in your hands :)

It is my birthday, does that give me any leeway?

Les

E
eugene1
Great to see!

Ahhhh, the tidal slaw, fish around, sunny skies, these are the good days my friends!

Looks like you're enjoying it to the fullest.

Best,

P
plumb2fish
You need a Weyerhaeuser permit for those.....HBD

D
DrTheopolis
Kudos on the hard-fighting Limbcod.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:lol: :lol: :happybday: :dance:

F
fishtales
Happy birthday!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Great job out there Roger. We ended up giving Tiernan a go. Marked quite a few fish in the deeper holes but no bites. More boats up there than I expected but it still didn't feel busy.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
Great job out there Roger. We ended up giving Tiernan a go. Marked quite a few fish in the deeper holes but no bites. More boats up there than I expected but it still didn't feel busy.

might as well toss my Tiernan update in here: launched Thursday about 11am and headed down to near the RR bridge then trolled back to the launch, getting there just after high tide. very few boats which made for a relaxing day, there were some big fish but very spread out and only saw a couple of jumps/rolls. water warm, 68F, same result as you, no bites. it will be interesting to see what effect the coming rain has...cheers, roger

Markk
Markk
I think I will put in at Florence tomorrow and deal with the crowds.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
I think I will put in at Florence tomorrow and deal with the crowds.

and the weather- raining hard now at 11am Friday, hope it brings on a bite for those out on the water, might be some strong winds the next few days also, everyone be safe out there...

I
Igor
4 PM, been raining in Florence most of the day. I have not had a look at the river though. A few boats roaming around Florence on trailers at midday.

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully the weather will keep some of the boats home.