BiMart sale on MagLips

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
stopped OFF at the BiMart today and bingo, MagLip plugs are on sale: 3.5 and 4.5 are $4 each and 5.0 are $4.50! sign says limit is 6 but you can always come back later and get 6 more, like I did! our store had an excellent selection of each size, including some of the newest ones.

Springers are coming! cheers, roger

D
DrTheopolis
I'm starting to become a big Maglip fan.

Even tried out the new 3.0 -- they're swimmers, for sure.

Aervax
Aervax
Thanks for the tip R. I am going to go there to pick up "6" right now. They are great for Springers. A little hint for those willing to try something new, try casting the smaller ones for Steelhead.

troutdude
troutdude
Hmm...I'm wondering if the smaller ones, would work well for early season trout flat-line trolling?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanks Roger. I caught my biggest springer last year on a 3.5 in low clear conditions. I might head over there and stock up.

Aervax
Aervax
I have not flatlined maglips for trout, but the small ones should work well. They dive deeper than the small kwikfish. I do not trout fish much anymore, but my bro and I used to use the tiny (about 1.5" long) kwikfish in silver or gold flatlining for wild trout. Extremely effective for cutts and bows early season, or just before dusk later in the season.

Aervax
Aervax
Picked up 6 tonight. Picking up more when I run errands tomorrow.

D
DrTheopolis
The 3.0 is still 3" long -- hence the name. Might be a bit big for stocker fishing. But for a plug that size, they dive deep and fast. Much better than the K9, which it's similar in size to.

And there's a catch with the 3.0 -- very hard to get. There was some production problem or something. My buddy bought 2 at the Sportsman's Show, which is all they had left. So naturally, last week we tried them out. Funny, we so rarely lose a plug while backtrolling, and lost one of the 2 immediately. I'm sure if it was one that could have been replaced, it wouldn't have hung up beyond hope.

And we didn't touch a fish that day. He went yesterday, and caught one on the remaining 3.0 while letting it run out with less than 20' showing on the line counter.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks guys. I'm planning to try them, for big hold-overs in some waters, and nates or naturals in other waters. I'll keep an eye out, for the 3.0 models.