Big Cliff Reservoir

A
AK Assassin
What's the status? Anyone fish it lately? The last time I was there was before my two kids were born, over two years ago. I'm thinking about heading there Saturday. I know that the derby is going to be held at Detroit, but my buddys and I are going to fish Big Cliff instead. What do you think? Was thinking about trying out the new Costco pontoon, but I think I'll throw some spoons and bring my fly rod as well.

troutdude
troutdude
I'd love to hear how you do there. Over the years, I've heard rumors of some biggies caught in that water. I've got a boat now, so I can hit it.

Hope to see a good report. Tight lines!

S
sunsalem
Detroit Lake is right next door and would probably make for far more success.

S
Steeliekiller
There are some really good size trout to be had in big cliff. Spinners and jigging kastmasters deep from your toon would probably work great.

A
AK Assassin
IMAG0406.jpg

A
AK Assassin
IMAG0408.jpgIMAG0409.jpgIMAG0404.jpg

A
AK Assassin
Had fun this morning! Started fishing around sunrise, and four of the fish were caught early. My buddy did a lot better than I. He caught the biggest, and three of the others. I almost got skunked until I switched up my lure. Started the day with a Lil Cleo silver and blue, then caught the fish after switching to a Panther Martin gold blade, black with yellow spots. Guess I don't need to figure out dinner.

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. Excellent haul. Thanks for posting.

One question. Were you banking it?

troutdude
troutdude
sunsalem said:
Detroit Lake is right next door and would probably make for far more success.

Personally, I hope that a LOT of peeps keep thinking this way! While we go to Big Cliff, and clean house! LOL

A
AK Assassin
I didn't take out the toon, just banked it today.

A
AK Assassin
troutdude said:
Personally, I hope that a LOT of peeps keep thinking this way! While we go to Big Cliff, and clean house! LOL

Exactly...I like that area.