Bethany Pond report

S
sapo
Headed out to Bethany Pond for a quick hour with a friend today to fish for sunfish/bass/whatever would bite. Nothing. Nobody caught anything, we got a few nibbles but otherwise that was it. The pond was OK, it's extremely shallow and narrow, tons of lily pads there. Saw a few carp swimming between sections of lily pads, that was it. I guess an ok place to fish, not much action except right after stocking and probably in warmer times when more of the warm water fish are active.

C
CESAR503
been there also and it sucks

D
Dillonewolf
I go there occasionally and fishing there is $hitty

S
sapo
Yeep...not a very good fishing location.

M
montym
Hello, beg to differ on this one. Bethany is really good for trout right now, and I know I will get my limit tomorrow. I did today. Easy one as it has been stocked this week. One day last summer, I saw one gentleman hook two big carps in an hour or less. He had one on the bank, as long as my 3 year old kid was tall I think, and was fighting with a bigger one for 15 minutes when I left. Seen a few carps like Sapo mentioned, good place in my book. May not be the greatest, but pretty good for folks who live nearby.

Cheers
M

B
bballben
I fished that and it looked like a fishing graveyard, there lures hanging up on the power lines and who knows how is in the water, I was lucky to get snagged once. Saw a bluegill swimming in the shallows and maybe a few small fry, that was it.