Best stealhead fishing supply store in Portland?

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Hey folks - I'm new to this whole thing and have been learning a TON here on the forums, so thanks. Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere and I missed it, but is there a "go-to" store in Portland for fishing supplies? I've done Google searches, but I'm curious to know if there is a consensus on the "it" place, especially when it comes to winter steelhead supplies.

Thanks again!

Edit: I can't even spell "steelhead." Ouch.

Last edited:
W
waco
I pretty much get all my stuff at whole sale sports in 82nd and jhonson creek in portland but you can go to the Great american tackle shop in clackamas, Gary (the owner) would help you if you tell him you are new to fishing¡

C_Run
C_Run
Fishermans Marine and Outdoor in Oregon City is good. It's on McLaughlin near the 205 bridge. They have all the stuff I can't find around where I live so I always hit it when I go up north.

A
alm21
waco said:
I pretty much get all my stuff at whole sale sports in 82nd and jhonson creek in portland but you can go to the Great american tackle shop in clackamas, Gary (the owner) would help you if you tell him you are new to fishing¡

Gary is a stud. He has given me a lot of advice and guidance that have produced results. I'll shop the big box stores but I also make a point to spend money at Great American Tackle. Got my Dan Bailey's from Gary during a nice sale.

Like Waco and C Run said, Fishermans Marine, Wholesale Outdoor Sports but don't dismiss Dicks. They have some good sales at times.

Last edited:
pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Great advice! Thanks guys.

T
todd_brooks
I don't know where your at but fishermans has a west side store now off of 217 and one at delta park too. Close is always good.