Best fishing day ever!!

W
waco
I got the day off today so I decided to go fishing and what a day I had!! I hooked total of 8 fish landing only 6! 2 natives and 4 hatchery! One of the hatch was a big buck 34x16 it was heavy, my guess about 15lbs but I let it go, was a little dark! But not everything was so sweet I started the day not getting any fish to bite any of my offerings didn't get my first fish until 11, which was frustraring cause I guy limited out in 2 casts and about 15 min on the water!!On my last best day I only landed 3 so landing 6 fish it's a big deal to me!! I'M READY FOR THE OFF STEELHEAD TOURNAMENT!! :dance:
IMG330.jpg
IMG321.jpg
Here's the pic of the big buck
IMG319.jpg

Reactions: eggs
F
fishing_mission
Good looking steel!!!!! An kudos for letting that hawg have the chance to pass on the genes!! :clap:

E
eggs
Way to go man! What watershed were you on..? no details, tribs, or rock you are standing on just wondering whats fishing.

M
mccarrel
On flies to boot, I'm definitely jealous.

H
halibuthitman
I,ll be hopin for you in the tournament waco... I know where you were today;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap::clap: Dang!! You are definitely the steel slayer today!! :D What an epic day for you, just don't burn yourself out too early...;)

B
bigsteel
nice job waco

M
mezzfin
jealous! loving the single-handed fly rod :)

A
alm21
Geez Waco, you have hit your stride. That's what steelhead dreams are made of! I have to say that I'm curious what system you were on too. Mostly because I have a couple in mind based on some things I've heard and am more curious as to if I'm close. I'm guessing it's in the NW zone. Well done!

A
Airs98
Omg!!!!!

B
billfisher
WOO! HOO! Way to go Waco, nice looking fish. Hope your good streak continues.

F
Fish-N-Chips
:clap: Nice Job buddy:D That one is so fat it looks like a chinook almost or a silver!!

R
rippin fish lips
Nice job waco! all these winter steelhead pics are killing me!

W
waco
halibuthitman said:
I,ll be hopin for you in the tournament waco... I know where you were today;)

Did you recognize the dead grass? ;)

W
waco
mezzfin said:
jealous! loving the single-handed fly rod :)

Yeah I'm definitely in love!! But fighting this 2 big fish was too hard for my rod and the fighting butt broke in half!! Btw does anybody knows where I can get a replacement or have a broken rod? I can use the fighting butt! :pray: fighting fish with a broken fighting butt isn't fun!!
IMG332-1.jpg

Last edited:
B
BobbiDollPDX
The picture of the broken rod is as awesome as the fish pics. If you're gonna break a rod, better do to it fighting a big fish on your best day ever!

N
nwkiller
now theres a day to remember!!!!! way to go man!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Holy Shipoopy!!!:shock::shock::shock: Well done Waco!:clap::clap::clap: Way to make everyone envious. :(:(:(:( You're tearing shipoopy up of late-keep it up!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance:

T
TTFishon
Sounds like an awesome day to me! Great job!!!