Best book for Oregon fishing information

2PawsRiver
Continuing my quest to organize a fishing trip to Oregon........for Alaska we had the Mile Post, great information.....looking to see if there is something similar for Oregon....thinking about....Fishing in Oregon, 11th edition.......Complete Anglers Guide to Oregon.......Moon Outdoors, Oregon Fishing.........thoughts on these or anything else would be appreciated.

D
DirectDrive
I've used Fishing in Oregon....pretty much the original.
Complete Angler's guide looks to be similar.

I'd buy the most current of those two.

S
sapo
In my opinion, Fishing In Oregon 11th edition is by far the best book you listed there. Fishing in Oregon has almost every single stream, pond, lake and river in Oregon, and you can find soooooo many isolated fishing spots in that book. On the bigger and more popular rivers, the book lists tons of information about each river, the different sections of the river, when to go, and much more. By far Fishing in Oregon is the best book you listed. The Complete Anglers Guide to Oregon has the same layout as Fishing in Oregon but is a lot worse. Complete Anglers Guide doesn't list as many rivers, and the information listed is very brief and not very helpful. For $30, Fishing in Oregon is an amazing deal, and I recommend you buying it.

C
ChezJfrey
Yeah, Fishing in Oregon is a great place to start.

troutdude
troutdude
2paws; I use the 3 books that you mentioned. Plus, I also use the 3 "Oregon Map" books from Amato Publications.

P.S. Do not discount the value that, I have found in "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon", by John Shewey. That book has some waters listed that, "Fishing in Oregon" does not have. Plus, the reverse also true. Get a copy of BOTH, if you have the funds.

2PawsRiver
Thank you for the input, will start off with Fishing in Oregon and Complete Anglers Guide..........I am sure they will have good information on the Rivers, but will also be looking into fishing from shore in the ocean.

Still a lot of time to plan......would really like to include an over night river drift.....initially looked at the Rouge River Wilderness area......nice river and rafting equipment is rentable.......we are arriving April 25th and they said the wilderness stretch does not fish well that time of year......seems there are a lot streams to fish and while I will check into a Springer Charter, we would like to just fish trout as well.