Beggin for Help

F
fishingduck
Going to take my father-in law out on the slaw. First time he is healthy enough to get out and probably last given his condition, so I'm asking for some help. Last weekend saw most people were at C&D but I got one near the bridge and had pleanty on fish finder. If there was one place that all of you "regulars" would try your luck on Friday where would that be??? And to add to the beggin for help how would you fish it? Troll herring, roe and bobber, spinners???

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I've never fished there, but wanted to tell you I admire and respect you for taking the time to get him out there so he can enjoy the thrill of being on the water again. He is blessed to have you in his life.

E
eugene1
Why not go back to that honey hole by the bridge you mentioned? Seems like a good chance to hook into them. Of course the general consensus is to work your way upriver as the season progresses. I got into some good nooks out of the Tiernan launch last year. Last one was on 11/5.

I think there are a lot more biters still coming into the system though. Maybe if I were still there, I'd try the jetty tips for some of those ocean fresh biters? But you'll get better info from regular regulars.

Good luck,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fishingduck said:
Going to take my father-in law out on the slaw. First time he is healthy enough to get out and probably last given his condition, so I'm asking for some help. Last weekend saw most people were at C&D but I got one near the bridge and had pleanty on fish finder. If there was one place that all of you "regulars" would try your luck on Friday where would that be??? And to add to the beggin for help how would you fish it? Troll herring, roe and bobber, spinners???

that is a tough question right now. on Tuesday afternoon, I slowly fished from Florence up to the RR bridge, covering lots of water, circled below RR at high tide, then back down to Florence, this is a stretch that I have fished like 3 times a week since about Aug15...I saw very few large fish on the HDI sonar, just a few jumps and saw just 2 caught (coho off the marina below RR and nook off the pilings just below that). this was the least fish and action I have seen in this stretch since mid-August. water temp 54F. this was the first cloudy/misty day after a long stretch of sunny days, seems to me that few fish were coming in and those in the tidewater are moving quickly upriver.

cloudy and cool Wed. and expecting that again Thur., just not sure if we are going to see big numbers of fresh fish coming in or if the best action will be upriver....

we are planning to crab down by the CG on Friday and scan for fresh fish and see if any nets fly while we are down there (and keep a close eye on our pots ;) )...

good luck Friday! roger

M
mosd
hows the water clarity on the out going tide rogerdodger? i know last week i went up high to c&d dock and it was dirty. but i had a bud tag out at the dairy hole tuesday on the outgoing tide and he was saying it wasn't to bad, but he really dont do a lot of fishing to know water colors and such

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mosd said:
hows the water clarity on the out going tide rogerdodger? i know last week i went up high to c&d dock and it was dirty. but i had a bud tag out at the dairy hole tuesday on the outgoing tide and he was saying it wasn't to bad, but he really dont do a lot of fishing to know water colors and such

water clarity down below RR bridge seemed fine on Tuesday, basically normal tidewater is what I would call it...roger