Barview jetty report

F
fish4life
Had decent success at Barview jetty, we kept 13 fish and threw back 5 or 6 other, no lincod but perch, greenling, and a black rockfish.

• 1509854_821390591250043_7024753329077961871_n.jpg
  • 11006445_821390557916713_799935134906361837_n.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bass
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
cool, what did you catch them on?

F
fish4life
Sandshrimp and nightcrawlers, tried some jigs for lings but no takers.

T
troutmasta
That is something I've always wanted to master, nice job.

Can I ask, did the rockfish prefer sandshrimp or did they hit night crawlers as well?

Tight Lines

S
sapo
Awesome! Always wanted to jetty fish, never really have...How long were you fishing? What sort of weights/setup were you using?

F
fish4life
troutmasta said:
That is something I've always wanted to master, nice job.

Can I ask, did the rockfish prefer sandshrimp or did they hit night crawlers as well?

Tight Lines

The rockfish seem to prefer the sandshrimp but the perch seem to like the worms. When the fish would steal most of the shrimp off of the hook I would tip it with a piece of nightcrawler.

F
fish4life
sapo said:
Awesome! Always wanted to jetty fish, never really have...How long were you fishing? What sort of weights/setup were you using?
We fished for about five hours starting on a incoming tide and through high slack. We were using a fish finder rig, which consist of a 2oz weight on the bottom then about a foot up a hook and a second hook a foot up from that. Make sure to wrap you sandshrimp on with elastic thread, the fish are good at stealing your bait.

Reactions: rogerdodger
W
waco
fish4life said:
We fished for about five hours starting on a incoming tide and through high slack. We were using a fish finder rig, which consist of a 2oz weight on the bottom then about a foot up a hook and a second hook a foot up from that. Make sure to wrap you sandshrimp on with elastic thread, the fish are good at stealing your bait.
Surf leader? Weight on the bottom and 2 loops above to connect your hooks. Btw fishing in the jetty has been great!

bass
bass
Great job guys!

Did you catch the fish during daylight hours? Looks like it from the pic, but the pic could have been from the following morning. Also, was the 2oz enough to hold or was it more like drift fishing.

Congrats again on a nice outing.

F
fish4life
bass said:
Great job guys!

Did you catch the fish during daylight hours? Looks like it from the pic, but the pic could have been from the following morning. Also, was the 2oz enough to hold or was it more like drift fishing.

Congrats again on a nice outing.
Started fishing around 10am and quit around 3:30pm high tide was at 2:30, I thought it would of been best fishing at high slack but the best fishing was the first couple hours. 2oz was enough to hold if you didn't cast far, most fish were caught 5'-25' out.