Bah! Landed my first steelhead

C
ChezJfrey
Total disappointment as it was actually foul-hooked with a spinner.

Didn't even photograph as I figured the catch was undeserved.

I'll tell you, they don't make release quick and easy...finally got the thing near the bank, pliers in hand to just grab the hook and remove, try to slide the fish through the water just a little closer, reach down with the pliers and I'll just do a quick twist on the hook while it's in the water...boom, fish takes off on another short run, work it back, slowly slide a little closer, boom, off again...this happened four times. I'm telling it, "C'mon, I'm just trying to let you go free," but it just wouldn't listen ;)

B
BankWalker
Oh man... I feel your pain. Getting so close to the reward and having it snatched from you is the worst. I'm sorry it went that way and I'm sure you will get another fish soon.

M
MadMick
At least you're getting close. I have been at it all year and am yet to even hook one. Best of luck.

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go man! Congrats on that first!

X
XFactorTackle
That's a start...you'll get one in the mouth soon I'm sure, just keep at it.

X
XFactorTackle
MadMick said:
At least you're getting close. I have been at it all year and am yet to even hook one. Best of luck.

Sorry guys, not trying to hi-jack this post.

How are you targeting Steelhead and where? If I can help in anyway, feel free to send a pm, I'd love to help you get into your first Steelhead. Better yet, post a new topic and let others chime in. I know I'm not the only one here that wants to see everyone catch fish.

Reactions: bigsteel