Anywhere to fish in Thurston?

P
Pedexing
I've been living out here for a few years now. Since I do not have transportation getting access to the river is fairly difficult, what with all the roads being private farmland these days. I know the ponds on highbanks road used to be open for fishing, however I believe the current owners do not allow access (any information on this would be SO helpful). Anyone know of any access around fifty eighth within walking distance? I don't care what I'm fishing for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T
TTFishon
You can take LTD all the way up to Mckenzie Bridge. There's a lot of different places to fish along the way. I'll send you a PM on a couple of bass holes in a minute too.

Reactions: Pedexing
T
TTFishon
How far are you willing to walk?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Ballenger pond is open I think.

E
eugene1
google maps says 20 min bike ride to clearwater park from 58th and main.

Springers, summer run, and trout right now.

Best,

T
TTFishon
jamisonace said:

Last time I was there, which was last year, it was posted no trespassing.

P
Pedexing
TTFishon said:
How far are you willing to walk?

Oh a few miles. I guess I found out about Cedar Creek and I can walk along the freeway to the river. But Thank you all anyway.

troutdude
troutdude
Have you asked the highbanks road landowners for permission? It couldn't hurt to ask. The worst you'll hear, is no. Give it a shot.

R
rippin fish lips
Ride a bike, if you have one. Or catch the bus out to Hendricks bridge. You can fish the park side. Or you can go take deer horn road up stream and fish some good water in the beggining of deerhorn off 126.

Don't forget about Clear water.... Lots of access there and along the path.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Bummer....what a waste. I wonder if a guy could ask permission at the office. I thought it would be a good place for my boys to practice rowing their pram.

TTFishon said:
Last time I was there, which was last year, it was posted no trespassing.

L
Logger707
Jim is a pretty nice guy it's worth trying worse he can say is no

T
TTFishon
jamisonace said:

It's open. I was headin to a friends today and thought I'd drive into Ballenger pond and sure enough, the signs are no longer posted and there were some kids fishing there. There was a new sign posted that said there's 24 hour video surveillance. Must be open for fishing again.

F
flocaster
Just out of curiosity, where is ballenger pond?