Anyone use launch ramp in Keizer?

F
fphowell
Yesterday I went to Keizer Rapids Park to look at their launch ramp. I didn't even know it was there.
Anyone use it and any comments on sand bars and other prop obstacles?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I haven't heard anything about the ramp, but I was surprised to discover the park last summer, too. It must be fairly new and not being used much yet. Hopefully some of the Salem area members will chime in with some news on it. If you try it, maybe talk to a park attendant if there is one, please let us all know how it turns out.

bass
bass
I have never been there, but it sure looks nice on Google maps. Anyone have an idea what the current is like there during the summer? It might be a fun place to launch the kayak, but I would want to be able to get back to the ramp and not end up in Portland :)

C
CSFish
I have been to Keizer Rapids Park a few weeks so far this summer. A lot of people come here to swim so it's pretty busy during the afternoon weekdays then packed on the weekends. My only complaints are: Boaters are rude and don't slow down around the dock (Like they are suppose to), and I had a few kids throw rocks in the water around where I was fishing. Other than this, I recommend coming early in the morning and bring some binoculars because there are a ton of beautiful animals that come out and walk around. There is a sign that says "No Fishing on the dock at anytime" but I still see people casting on it. I haven't caught anything yet but I have seen some pretty large fish jump in the early morning. I haven't fished off the sandbar yet because that's where the swimmers are usually setup. And for the question about the current, bass, It's pretty strong about 10 yards out, but I see people kayaking quite a bit. If anyone else has been here and caught anything, I would love to know their setup :D I hope this helps and Good Luck friends.

H
HereFishy
I've launched from there a couple times. Never caught anything other than pikeminnow.