Anyone think the Umpqua will fish tommorrow?

M
Mad dog
Saw me some logs going down the South river today that had to have been 30 ft. long! :lol:

The main is at 72,000 cfs and climbing!!! :rolleyes:

Also....there is a huge sinkhole between Scottsburg park and Loon lake and Hwy 38 is closed!!! 1,000 yds of debris slide down the bank! That's like....Hmmm....100 10yd dumptruck loads! That's keep ODOT hopping for a while! :D

G
GDBrown
Not for a day or two at least....

hydroPlot.png

H
halibuthitman
when I was fishing the North this summer I was astonished by how far up the banks the log jams were, that river definitely knows how to rock-

J
jawjacker
A buddy and I are going to wet a line Sunday. If it's not fishing we're gonna go site seeing and see all the new features the river might have bestowed upon us.

L
Logger707
There are some holes that fish great at 15'

J
jawjacker
There are some holes that fish great at 15'
What are the characteristics that make those holes fish great at 15 feet in your opinion? I hit the lower main stem Sunday because I had nothing better to do. The water level was at 17 feet and dropping. The first thing I noticed right away was the lack of visibilty. From what I know about steelhead fishing your looking for two feet of viz or better. I have heard of people catching fish in as little as 6 inches of vis but I would assume only under certin circumstances and locations. One of the techniques I have used is running around looking for steep cliff sides that have clean water draining off them into culvert pipes that dump into the river. It might not look like anything special and half the time the water dumps right into the middle of a bush but I have found fish like to get in there flush their gills and wait it out. If you use a short heavy leader and plunk your presentation in the cleaner plume of water you can find fish durring a massive blow out. The key to it is being able to rope the fish out before he ropes you.

L
Logger707
Plunking for sure,very close to the bank where they dont have to fight the current,they usually will move hard in flood water ,basically running into your gear so viz isn't really an issue its just a matter of finding a spot with slacker water thats farely deep

Top Bottom