Anyone fish the Collawash?

M
Modest_Man
Planning on heading out there on Tuesday, I'll probably camp out and fish part of Wed as well. Looking for any tips or places to start out? It's a pretty large stretch of fishable water including the Collawash, Clackamas, and the Hot Springs Fork.

K
Kais
I don't know if you'll want to go now due to the weather, but its a beatiful area in my opinion. didn't really fish it, but seems like trout should be in there, no so much steelhead.

M
Modest_Man
Illegal to fish for steelhead up that high I think. I'm going for trout. What's wrong with the weather!? Supposedly Estacada is going to be in the 80's and sunny Tues and Wed...

A
AtmosphericWrath
I was up there few weeks ago. Be careful on the Collawash as there is a good number of Bull Trout. In fact the Two Rivers campground is one location they released the radio tagged ones.

M
mezzfin
Not the biggest fish in the system, but a beautiful place to fish. Caught a few small bows earlier in the summer. Popular spot is right after the mouth at the Clack; after that you'll be mighty lonely! :)

M
Modest_Man
Headed out in the morning, going to fish all day camp out and fish Wed morning. Start at the mouth and work up. Might try the hot spring fork as well.

M
mezzfin
Awesome. Love to hear a report. Stay away from the crazies at the springs - seriously!

M
Modest_Man
Slayed them with the three weight. Decided to come home and not camp out. Full report tomorrow.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

R
RunWithSasquatch
Looks like the Fish and Wildlife guys have been through there.