Another day, another fail.

plumbertom
plumbertom
After four days of hours spent soaking bait, I'm thinking it may be time to try a new location.
I haven't even seen any fish larger than six inches surface along the stretch of river I've been targeting and I'm told that if the salmon are there they occasionally roll or even jump.
Been looking at my Oregon atlas and it says there may be access at the launch near Marshall Island.
Anyone care to offer some guidance on that thought or maybe a better access spot? Keep in mind I partially disabled and don't walk well, so being able to get my truck near to the water as possible is a great help.

M
mosd
plumbertom said:
After four days of hours spent soaking bait, I'm thinking it may be time to try a new location.
I haven't even seen any fish larger than six inches surface along the stretch of river I've been targeting and I'm told that if the salmon are there they occasionally roll or even jump.
Been looking at my Oregon atlas and it says there may be access at the launch near Marshall Island.
Anyone care to offer some guidance on that thought or maybe a better access spot? Keep in mind I partially disabled and don't walk well, so being able to get my truck near to the water as possible is a great help.

just below marshall island, there is the old boat launch called browns landing that got washed out years ago, youll see it if ya keep heading north along river rd. the river comes to a sharp bend with a fairly deep hole at the bottom end of it which a person has access to.. run a plug or toss spinners in it..

jamisonace
jamisonace
Stay where you are. Not too much longer and theyll pile through in decent numbers.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I heard today there are good numbers showing up in the Santiam.

C
COUNTRYBOY83
Raincatcher said:
I heard today there are good numbers showing up in the Santiam.
You hear what they are using?

plumbertom
plumbertom
I drove out to the Marshall Island launch ramp yesterday. Once I had a look I decided not to try and fish there.
there was little access where I would have felt comfortable other than on the ramp itself.
There was also little to distinguish one place in the water from the next. I couldn't tell by looking where the channel ran.
I'll go back when I get my boat on the water. Or maybe upriver where the two join.
I did go pick up a drain plug for my Kayak today so maybe I'll get it out on the water this week. Got to see if my FF battery will still take a charge. Be nice to read the bottom contour so as to have an idea where the holes are.

B
bd2cool
Any luck yet?

plumbertom
plumbertom
bd2cool said:
Any luck yet?
No, but then I haven"t been out for a few days. I took my Kayak out and demonstrated that I've gotten too old and out of shape to use it in the River here. Been 3 years since the last time I used it. Wore me down so badly I had to take a few days to recover.