alseas tidewater??

J
jd15
i am planning on heading to tidewater but i ave never fished tidewater on the alsea any advice would help, and if anyone would like to met up??

C_Run
C_Run
I haven't been there this year but last year I did ok on a couple of trips the first half of October mostly trolling spinners and herring. Float fishing with eggs and sandshrimp is popular up high. I expect that's what's going on now. Do you have a boat?

troutdude
troutdude
Another option, is to troll a ford fender/doc shelton with a worm on 18" of leader. The SRC's will hammer 'em (also known as Bluebacks in Alsea/Philomath circles).

S
Sammykohoho
Fished there last Saturday and the Thursday before that. 7 on, 3 in the boat fishing w/ herring. Lots of Coho jumping in the mornings. We stayed close to the resorts upstream from the bridge. Had numerous other "bites" So there is quite a few fish in the system. Bring spinners for the Silvers.

J
jd15
well i ended up hooking 2 but lost both never got to see what they were but i was using only 12lb test line haha

troutdude
troutdude
I've landed 35 and 40 pound Nooks, on only 10 pound main line. Just gotta keep your drag loose, and play the fish out.

Of course, this strategy is NOT the ethically correct method if you will release fish. Then, you should use stronger line and get the fish in quickly. Their survival rate will be much higher if you do.