Airflo Intermediate Skagit, any experience, thoughts?

H
Herefishyfishy
I'm interested in the Airflo Intermediate Skagit with the 6' of floating section at the rear. Anybody ever use that, I would love to hear some real world reviews. I wish I had the money to just go out and buy it to try but........
By the way I took spey casting classes with Rob Crandall a couple weeks ago, changed my life! He is a great teacher and I would recommend him 100%! The best part is being able to self diagnose when casts start going wrong.
Merry Christmas!!!!

Casting Call
Casting Call
Where do you live? Intermediate is a good place to start which allows you to use a fast sink or float tip. I have all three tips available,loop to loop connections for my 14ft.spey rod. Send me a pm if you like. Lincoln City-Tony

H
Herefishyfishy
Thanks Tony, you use a sink tip with that too? Makes sense though, the more I commit to swinging for fish the more I realize getting the fly down in the zone fast is the real battle.

Casting Call
Casting Call
It's a very short tip and shorter leader. You have to have combination of rigs to get the job done on all different water condition. Think outside the box. Only two spots on the W. that need an 90ft cast. Tony

Irishrover
Irishrover
On my spey set up I use the airflow skagit 540 grain. It has the interchangable tips and I like it just fine. Just about all I do with it is swing flies.