A whopper plopper believer!

T
tomriker
i've only had it out twice, first time was just a couple casts from the shore to see if it worked... then lastnight had a buddy come out and we were on the water from 8-almost midnight.. first fish i caught i was just casting out in the middle to fix my line, and bam! fish on that was on the 130sized popper i got

then i pulled a Ryan808... and switched baits!

here's a few of the WHOPPER PLOPPER fish i caught :cool: fished from 730/8- 1130 or maybe a little later, was getting hard to see the shore where we were casting but we was still catchin'! it's a totally different experience topwatering at night, you can't see anything so all you do is hear a splash and set the hook!
here's the before dark fishez

this was the biggest one, 5.6lbs, woulda been a chunk if she was prespawn... the females have started moving back up and feeding again!

then the sun went down and it was on. it's pretty hard w/out a flaslight... to unhook trebblehooks from a ticked off bass.. incase anyone was wondering!

it was a good time! but i was draggin' my butt at work thismornin :shock:

and if anyone is wondering, i didn't PEE my pants!!!! had a hydraulic hose blow out all over me the other day at work and ruined my pants :mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
H
Hendo30
Thanks for answering my question before I asked, Thought maybe that whopper plopper was that good that you refrained from steping away to use the bathroom. Thought maybe you figured "hey, its dark and the bite is on fire no way I am leaveing" lol. nice fish and looks like great weather. Thanks for sharing

T
TTFishon
That's it! I'm getting me a wopper plopper. Looks like a lot of fun.

R
rl206
Right on!

D
dtikey
looks like a blast.I love night fishing bass its a kick. I have fished a few night tournaments on grove and triangle plus just messing around at night for them and it is cool.

T
tomriker
I think it's crazy at night with no moon or anything they can still locate the baits so easily!

F
fixyourdns
May I ask where this is?

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like a ton o' fun man.

I've fished for sea bass at night, OFF the south jetty at Newport. It is indeed a HOOT!!!

T
tomriker
fixyourdns said:
May I ask where this is?

Just a private little pond in the middle of our farm

F
Finneus Polebender
Serious topwater envy here! will be putting a few of those on the list.

T
tomriker
Get a whopper plopper FP! Much cooler than that stupid trigger fish! Also weather forecast for Sunday morning looks perfect guys! Overcast and warm! Topwater all day!