4 days and counting!!!

S
Spydeyrch
Dude!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

I am going stark crazy here!!! I have watched every youtube vid that I can find about small stream fishing, nymphing, dry flies, etc. I have gone over my fly boxes like 6 times, I have gone over my gear a number of times. I can't wait!!!! I feel like a little kid who is SOOO freakin' excited to go to Disneyland that he is on the verge of peeing his pants!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :confused: It is going to kill me waiting until Saturday!!! I don't know if I am going to make it, you all might have to drag my casket to the river and float me down it with a rod in my hand!!!! hahahahaha :lol: Give me a good ol' fisherman's farewell, hahahahaha.

I had like 3 dreams last night about fishing and I still wasn't satisfied!!! hahahahahaha :rolleyes:

I just have to keep it together until Saturday then I will be ok.

What about the rest of you? Are you as excited as I am for trout season to open up on the 28th? I know only a few streams and rivers are going to be open that day, but still ....... it is better than having to wait until the end of MAY!!!!! :shock: :naughty: :mad:

Take care y'all and good luck on the water.

-Spydey

M
Modest_Man
Where are you planning on going? Besides Silver creek, Abiqua creek, and Butte creek above the falls most everywhere else opening in April is pretty far south, and I haven't caught anything on those three till after the spring snowmelt is done.

S
Spydeyrch
Modest_Man said:
Where are you planning on going? Besides Silver creek, Abiqua creek, and Butte creek above the falls most everywhere else opening in April is pretty far south, and I haven't caught anything on those three till after the spring snowmelt is done.

Oooooooooo, ....... :think: ....... if I told you I'd have to kill ya!!! hahahahahahaha :mad:

J/K

There is a special place that opens on the 28th but I am not allowed to share ... :think: at least not in open ... :think: but being as I have fished with you before .... :think: I trust ya ..... :think: I think ..... :think:

PM sent.

Good luck!!

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
Modest_Man said:

Do you usually fish them with dries or have you tried nymphing them? Nymphs work wonders man!!

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
know where you are going!!!!! cause were going to the same place!!! :lol:

G
GDBrown
Can I come too? :lol: I want to learn where this secret place is and I promise not to tell anyone!

GD

brandon4455
brandon4455
gene, your always welcome to come along :D

J
jimmy
I leave for my "annual pilgrimage" friday morning,

looks like usgs has raised the water 6" , again, funny how they've done that the last 3 years at the end of april.

camera, check.
second camera, check.
arsenal of flys, check.
mohito steak, check.
marinated asperagus, check.
'Don Julio', check.
3 days on the river, CHECK...

photos, tuesday......

brandon4455
brandon4455
look forward to your pics jimmy, have a great time on the water!!

Troutski
Troutski
Bummer you anglers don't have year round access to the small creeks in your area, I am truly blessed down south. They have opened quite a few streams and creeks for year long angling, the really nice thing about these creeks is the masses don't even know that they are open. Makes for some very interesting and fun Winter angling opportunities for someone who is "is on the verge of peeing his pants!!!!".
My best to you on your opening Saturday, may your lines be tight and often....
PB060010.jpg

PB070020.jpgPB070013.jpg

Chuck

brandon4455
brandon4455
i still need to make a trip down there in the winter, it's on my to do list next year But hard to do when i will be distracted with winter steelhead. thanks for the pics chuck

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
I'm now thinking about staying off the Lower D now for opening weekend! It's above 7,000 cfs today and the crowds usually suck. Last year was the first in many years that I actually went down there for the opener, I usually don't. I'm really undecided right now :think:

S
Spydeyrch
Sinkline said:
This thread reminds me of how quickly time passes. One day you are planning to visit a fishing place, and what seems like the next day prime time has passed and on to other thoughts about where to fish. This year seems to be really zooming bye quickly to me???

To stay on topic, no fishing on traditional opening weekend for me.

Randy

Sorry to hear that you won't be hitting the waters this weekend. If I catch anything, I will dedicate the first one to you Randy!! :D

Your comment about the year seeming to whiz by actually has some math involved with it and our perception of how that math is working. It is quite interesting!! :think: Ready to be bored by Spydey Fly the Science Guy!!!!??? Hahahahaha :lol:

And just as a disclaimer, this has nothing to do with anyone's age (including yours Randy), as in I am not directing this directly to anyone.

When one is turning 2, they are going from age 1 to age 2. It is a difference of 1. Yet 1 of 2 is half. One half is a large amount of anything! It takes quite a while to go the distance of 1/2 of anything, in comparison to the lesser amounts of the same object (in this case age in years) Thus, to a 2 year old, it seemed as if the year took a long time to complete because they had to go half of their current year (2 years old) in order to get to their current year.

Yet, if one is turning 60, they are going from 59 to 60. It is a difference of 1. Yet 1 of 60 (1/60th) is very very small!! It takes a lot less time to go the distance of 1/60th of any anything, in comparison to the greater amounts of the same object (in this case age in years). Thus to a 60 year old, it seemed as if the year took a lot less time to complete than prior years because they only had to go 1/60th of their current year (60 years old) in order to get to their current year.

Now, you might argue that 1/2 of 100 is 50 and 1/60 of 200 is 120, thus in this example 1/60 is actually larger. Yes, you would be right. But we are not looking for the end result (in this case 50 and 120). We are looking at the comparison of ratios of age to the amount of time it took to get from the previous age to the current age. 1/2 will always be greater than 1/60th. :D

Thus, that is why when we get older, time seems to go by faster and faster, because in a sense, it does based upon our perception and ratio of previous age to current age.

Ok, Spydey Fly the Science Guy is done. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :D

-Spydey

Troutski
Troutski
brandon4455 said:
i still need to make a trip down there in the winter, it's on my to do list next year But hard to do when i will be distracted with winter steelhead. thanks for the pics chuck

When you do get the time frame penciled in let me know and I will take a day off work (any reason to get on the water, and away from work) and give you a guided trip to our Heaven, it is rather wonderful during the Winter months... Well worth the trip...

Chuck

brandon4455
brandon4455
ill have to take you up on that offer chuck!!

I
I <3 <><
Good luck guys!

Troutski
Troutski
brandon4455 said:
ill have to take you up on that offer chuck!!

Do, you will never be the same !!:clap:

Chuck

G
GDBrown
Where did it go? Where did who go?

Where did it go? Where did who go?

Spydeyrch said:
:D...........Thus, that is why when we get older, time seems to go by faster and faster, because in a sense, it does based upon our perception and ratio of previous age to current age.

Ok, Spydey Fly the Science Guy is done. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :D

-Spydey

You got it all wrong there, Spydey. The older you get the faster time goes by because you just can't remember what happened during the time that just went by????:shock: :rolleyes: :lol:

GD

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
GDBrown said:
You got it all wrong there, Spydey. The older you get the faster time goes by because you just can't remember what happened during the time that just went by????:shock: :rolleyes: :lol:

GD

Hahahaha, Nice one there GD. :lol: :clap:

-Spydey