3 the hard way...

madasahab
madasahab
Today was my best steelhead fishing day of my entire career and the past few weeks have been also. I went out today and got three to the bank in less than an hour. All in the same drift, all on the pink worm, all chrome bright. 2 wild hens and one giant clipped hen. The two wilds went 8lbs each and the clipped fish went 16lbs and was 34 inches long. The skeins of eggs look like they came from a chinook they are so big. The battle with this beast got ugly. The leader snapped as I beached the pig and it layed there stunned and still for a moment. I went in for the kill, and it made a break for it. I jumped on that sucker and we wrestled a bit. I finally pinned the bruiser against the bank and shoved my thumb right through it's eyeball. I grabbed it by the mouth with the rest of my hand. My other hand grabbed the tail and I threw the fish way up onto the bank. I then proceeded to beat the **** out of it with my baker grip and weigh. I lost a giant right at the bank last thursday and it was NOT going to happen agagain!!! I did however fry my galaxy sIII in the heat of battle. Like I said, 3 the hard way...

Now 11 and 6 for the winter season...:dance:

• 8lberA3.jpg
  • 8lberb1.jpg
  • 16lber.jpg
C
chrisohm
What? No video? I was expecting to see some serious WWF action after reading this. Nice job though! I wonder if you know my cousin...he lives in the LC too.

W
wozniasm
Outstanding!

J
jabs67
Great Job!!!!! Way to put the smack down on that hen. :cool:

R
randomschmoejoe
Three the hard way? Is that a three man reference? Either way great fish and a great narrative! I'm goin stir crazy with cabin fever here. Couldn't justify goin after winters with the super low water the whole season. I'm really.lookin forward to town run and tribs getting their share of summers and springers.

madasahab
madasahab
randomschmoejoe said:
Three the hard way? Is that a three man reference? Either way great fish and a great narrative! I'm goin stir crazy with cabin fever here. Couldn't justify goin after winters with the super low water the whole season. I'm really.lookin forward to town run and tribs getting their share of summers and springers.

I had this song in my head...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZurLWQtSKY

this is the original reference...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_the_Hard_Way_(film)

madasahab
madasahab
chrisohm said:
What? No video? I was expecting to see some serious WWF action after reading this. Nice job though! I wonder if you know my cousin...he lives in the LC too.

it was awesome...a full on street fight or should I say stream fight!!!

madasahab
madasahab
thanks guys :shock:

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice fish. Can't beat multiple fish in the first hour. I lost my first keeper steelhead this season not having my hands on it about 2 feet from the bank. I know exactly how you feel. Never lost a fish like that until this year and since then I always bring it up on the bank where it can't get away. Looks like you've had a good season too.

madasahab
madasahab
Silvers&Steelies said:
Nice fish. Can't beat multiple fish in the first hour. I lost my first keeper steelhead this season not having my hands on it about 2 feet from the bank. I know exactly how you feel. Never lost a fish like that until this year and since then I always bring it up on the bank where it can't get away. Looks like you've had a good season too.

Thanks. Surprisingly good season based on the fact it was pretty slow on the north coast. The baker grip and weigh definitely helps because sometimes there isn't a good landing spot.

T
Tacomasteelheader
Man i always just bring the net because i figure for how much time i spend and how far i drive sometimes its just reasuring to know that its that much more of a possibility to seal the deal sorta speak. Especially when you hook a 15-20 lb steel like the umpqua has to offer. Or even some other streams sometimes.